Flirting and Silent Jealousy

My mind keeps wandering back to last night. Dabi traded his comfort, and after I fell asleep he picked me up and tucked me into bed. He gave me a forehead kiss and told me he loved me?! God I feel like such an asshole, I want to cry so badly. Honestly, as a hopless romantic I've been dreaming about somethng like this happening to me since my early days of grade school.

I heave a sigh, putting my head into my arms as I sit silently on the toilet. It's the only place I can be alone right now and I needed to think about everything. And I've come to a decision, so I get up with a glance to the mirror, looking as gorgeous as ever, and leave the bathroom. The door creak open and... damn, "What are you all dressed up for?"

Dabi stands in front of the hotel full length mirror, He wears black trousers, with a black button up shirt and vest, fixing his, also black, tie. And my fucking god does he looks hot as hell. I bring my hands behind my back, clenching them together and try not to blush.

He looks up at me, his eyes peirce into mine before his face softens and he chuckles, "Well, the plan was we had to go be around the other villians, corret?  So I thought I'd dress up, let them know they are simply flies in the air, easy to kill. Besides, I like dressing up sometimes?"

I hold in a giggle and nod my head, "Then I should get dressed more," I look down at my casual wear, "Appropriate for letting simple flies know their place."

Dabi simply raises his eyebrows, noticing my kinder demeanor, but doesn't comment on it. Instead he says, "I don't think you need to. You look effortlessly entrancing and dangerous."

My lips part and I want to so badly coo at how cute that was but I simply grab one of my favorite dresses I brought, and return to the bathroom. The dress fits me perfectly, it shows off my curves without being too tight so I can move effeciently, I put my dagger in the brace on my upper thigh and hide it under my dress. Just in case. Turning to the mirror I look more closely at it and see that Dabi's right I seem to have a beauty to my danger. Like a siren calling to attractive soldiers, ready to drown them. But Dabi seems to be a type of siren too, one thats much more deadly, yet ever more pretty. When I finally leave the bathroom Dabi waits for me by the door, his mask on his face once more. He eyes me for a second, nods, and opens the door, allowing me to go first.

Making my way to the elevator I feel this, tension, between us. Unlike every before, it seems to stifle the space and leave me on edge. When the elevator finally arrives and opens its doors, we make our way in, the silence overwhelming, I find the button of the first floor and press it.

The floors slowly tick by and I find myself on the line of telling Dabi my desicion, but his deep voice interupts me, "Y/n, I know you, what is it, exactly, that you are thinking about?"

I blink once, Twice, before replying, "How- how did you know that?"

Dabi chuckles and says the next few words like it was well known, "Your habits. You are playing with the rings on your fingers which tells me your anxious or stressed. So what is it?"

Scofffing I try not to feel self conscious that he can read me so well, "How do you know that? I could be nervous about the other villians. I hate people you know." He simply hums and I try to hide my frustration but I give in, fuck it. I'll just tell him. "Ok, so i've been thinking and latley I have been shitty and since I don't want to be like you... I've made the decision to trust you-,"

He adds like a dumbass, "A terrible decision really."

I turn my head to glare at him but he looks at me almost adoringly and I feel sorrow visit me like the old friend it is. I shake my head, "Anyway, I've made the decision to trust you and i'll give you a chance to redeem yourself, for the good of the mission."