♡Chapter 1♡

♡ Graduation Day Tsukinomori High School, Years Ago....♡

  Mashiro proudly walked off the stage. Her smile as bright as the sun beaming on her. A butterfly passed by her, catching her attention.

"I'm proud of myself too." Mashiro smiled.

The butterfly seemed to dance around her. She giggled and it flew away. She looked toward the crowd. Nanami, Touko, Tsukushi, and Rui sat in the crowd. They all proudly called her name and clapped, except Rui of course.

"Good job Mashiro! You looked less nervous than usual!" Touko smiled.

"Congrats Shiro-chan! I knew you could do it!". Nanami smiled before getting interrupted.

"Mashiro-chan! I'm so proud! As your band leader, that's the highest compliment!" Tsukushi announced proudly.

"Congratulations Kurata-san. You have worked hard." Rui said bluntly.

"Thank you everyone!", Mashiro smiled.

"How about we go out! We worked so hard and deserve it! My treat!". Touko announced happily. Rui was displeased as usual.

"Graduation hasn't even ended. It would be irresponsible to leave." Rui said.

Touko butt in. "Of course after it's over! Some of us still need our diplomas!".

"Exactly", Rui said, "But if it makes you all happy who am I to oblige?". A small smile on Rui's face appeared.

After some playful banter between the girls they got themselves composed. Waiting patiently for graduation to end.

♡The end of the day. ♡

Mashiro waved all the girls goodbye and went into her house. She breathed in a breath of fresh air. They all had so much fun. Going shopping, getting their makeup done, and finally eating all they could. Mashiro's mom greeted her with the warmest smile.

"Heading to bed dear?"
"Yes mom! I'm pretty tired. I had a long day."
"I'm so happy for you sweetie", her mom smiled, "don't forget about you're college plans. The summer will fly before you know it".
"Of course", Mashiro felt her heart sink a little, "I won't forget".

She opened the door and went in. She put the bags of clothes and accessories away. Cleaning off the makeup and taking a quick shower aswell. After slipping into her night gown she layed down in bed. Clutching a plush real tight and she'd a tiny tear.

"Morfonica came so far. I don't want to see a future without them."

Present day....♡

Mashiro wrestled in bed to find a comfy spot. But her phone buzzed before she could find one. A notification popped up on her phone. It was Touko's Instagram feed. She opened the notification to see her standing on a beautiful campus. Touko seemed so happy and full of life. This rubbed Mashiro the wrong way as she felt her own life hadn't added up to anything. But she suffocated those feelings  She smiled and looked outside. Butterflies. Something familiar. She had been at her college for 2 years now. And yet, it barely felt like home. Nanami ended up attending the same university as her. Mashiro was way too shy to ask but Nanami understood her quiet pleas. Luckily, she was able to arrange them to be roommates.

"Good morning Shiro-chan", Nanami said slowly waking up. "Please put your phone on silent haha. It kept me up all night".
"O-oh! I'm so sorry Nanami-chan. I'll turn it off. I'm sorry if it bothered you!"
"No no it's okay! You're pretty tense today. Are you okay?" Nanami's smile dropped to concern.
"I'm okay Nanami-chan. I'm just being nostalgic, that's all. Do you ever think of high school?"
"Of course I do! We had so much fun! But we also found a way to love ourselves through it. Do you feel homesick?", Nanami asked.
"Sometimes... It's just everything's changed. It's hard for me to get adjusted. And I'm scared that things will go wrong." Mashiro began to vent.
"You're overthinking again Shiro! It's okay to get stressed but don't worry. Life is different than it was before. You got through the first year. I know you can do it again! I believe in you!". Nanami smiled. She got up and began to look for laundry. "How about we go out tonight? We've been so busy studying we haven't had time for ourselves. It'll be fun! I'll see if any of our band mates are available too! I've heard Touko's coming to town later!"
"I'm not sure if I'm the type to like outings", Mashiro pouted.
"Come on it'll be fun! I know you want to see Touko, Tsukushi, and Rui Rui as much as I do. Pleeeeeaaassseee?".

Nanami stared at her with pleading eyes. Mashiro looked up from her bed and then looked away. She thought about before giving Nanami a yes.

"Great!", Nanami explained, "It's a girls night!"