Chapter One

Y/n pov

I was sat next to Pidge in our flight simulator, I was an engineer with Hunk however sat next to Pidge to read through the issues, not fix them, unless Hunk becomes unable to.

I was scrolling through the system, trying to ignore Lance and Hunk's arguing as I tried to focus on what was wrong with our stability

"It's the hydrolic stabiliser Hunk, ones out"

He stared for a few seconds before gagging, once he walked over toward the box near me I stood up and tried helping, him getting in my way, I looked over to see Pidge falling over then looked back to see Hunk throwing up in the box, I turned and glared at him before we crashed, effectively failing the Simulator.

"Roll out donkeys!"

I just got up and walked out, first out in front of the rest of my crew, this lecture was not going to be fun...

"Let's see if we can make this complete failure a lesson for the rest of you"

I zoned not bothering to listen to the rest of his talking, I was too tried to actually focus, but zoned back in toward the end of his conversation when he started talking about Keith

"Heck if you're gonna work this badly together at least be better independently, Y/n is the only one I see capable, if only our star pilot didn't drop out, Y/n would've beaten this with flying colours."

---

---

I was sat in pidges room, helping them pack their gear before following them out to the roof, putting on headphones with them to try help them listen, a second book in my hand as I started to write too.

"You two come here to rock out?"
"AHH!"
"Aw come on, Y/n you didn't even flinch?!"
"No Lance, I'm used to your shit- oh Pidge, forgot you were here... your  'tomfoolery' Lance"
"Really Y/n? You don't have to censor, you swear all the time around me!"
"I don't mean to!"

We laughed before Pidge started to explain their tech and how we both made it, talking about aliens with Lance calling us insane

"I mean, Y/n you're insane in different ways too..."
" Lance."
"What?!"

All of a sudden alarms sounded as we saw a ship fall from the sky, Pidge turned to me like an excited puppy and asked if we could go see it, I nodded before running after them, Lance and Hunk waiting behind a moment or two before joining us.

---

I was helping Pidge pick up the camera feed, listening as I noticed it was Keith's friend who was captured, Shiro, I instantly could recognise him as he helped me with training quite a few times in the past, Keith always said he was like a brother to him.

"Shiro?"
"You know him?"
"Yeah..."
"No way, he's like my hero!"

I stood and thought of way to get past the guards when I heard an explosion, I instantly could tell by the way they were set that Keith had done it

"Keith you dick"
"Who?"

Lance looked through the binoculars before turning and running

"Keith!"
"Are you sure?"
"Who's Keith?"
"My ex Pidge"

We ran down to see Keith grabbing shiro, Lance running up to him, telling him that 'he's saving Shiro', I just stood there while they spoke, him not noticing me as I walked out. I quickly noticed his ride and ran over, quickly checking over its system knowing it'll probably be our way out and making sure he hasn't fucked up my system since he left. Once being certain it was safe I heard Lance confused on why I was under there and felt gloved hands pull me up from under the bike by my waist.

"No time Y/n, I haven't touched any of your work since I left, now hop on"
"Oh so he's allowed!"
"Yeah, I know him?"
"You know Keith Y/n!?"
"No time guys!"

Keith sat on the seat, me sat behind him, holding his waist lightly, as I knew how fast this fucker could go without holding onto anything, though it'd definitely be slower with other people on board. I was only used to me and Keith.

We started going, Lance complaining about the speed, asking if it could go any faster.

"Fuck off Lance, I made this baby for two people and two people alone!"
"You made this?!"
"Yep! With Keith's help of course" I said, smiling softly

We were approaching a cliff I knew all too well, everyone started freaking out while I laughed, Keith looking over to smile at me before dropping it and looking back to make sure he didn't fuck up the fall.

He sped off the cliff, my hands now digging into his waist, face in his shoulder in a mild fear as my legs started to rise off the bike, he held onto my shirt with one hand and pulled me back down before doing something, making us land pretty smoothly if I do say so myself.

When we arrived I got off my bike and headed inside, going to his kitchen to make myself a cup of (any hot drink) and two coffees for Keith and Shiro. I walked outside and handed them their drinks

"Y/n, thank you, it's been a while"
"Mhm, it has"
"You two still...?"
"No, Keith broke up with me when he dropped out"
"You... We'll talk about this later Keith"
"Really Y/n? You knew I'd get in trouble if he found out."
"Haha, kinda the point dickhead"
"...Let's go in, I need to show you and Shiro what I've been doing out here"

---

---

And then here we were, stood inside a cave full of markings of a robotic blue lion. I was subconsciously walking next to Keith as I was looking around, noticing Lance touching one of the markings before they lit up a bright blue colour

"They've never done that before!"

I felt the ground cracking beneath me and held onto Keith for dear life, him returning the contact. We fell in a small pond, me next to Keith, hands connected. I looked over before letting go

He got up and lent me a hand, I took it and looked him in the eyes, noticing his rare smile as I smiled back, Lance ruining our moment by yelling at Keith

"Hey, lay off!"
"Lance, I won't tell you to shut up agian"

Keith glared at Lance before he started to walk toward the lion, me joining him

"Thanks for leaving me with the flirt Keith"
"Oh no problem, I'm sure you loved it"

I stared back and glared

"Yeah, sure I did."

...
End Of Chapter One
...

Chapter two out later today hopefully