9-La Riunione

The walk out was in this order:

Custos Daemoniorum-Marian
Lead guitarist-Dew
Rhythm Guitarist-Aether
Bass guitarist-Rain
Drummer-Mountain
Ghoulette 1-Cumulus
Ghoulette 2-Cirrus
Multi ghoul-Swiss

I'm sure there will be more to add once Copia is given a new rank or title, but for now, this is it.

The winding staircase led up, out of the basement and into the main ritual floor. And here, there were the three former Papas.

Primo, with his entourage of Fire1, Quintessence, Water, Earth, and Air. His papal robes were long traded out for a normal clergyman's uniform in accordance with the rules. His gaze, face, demeanor, and the way he carried himself were menacing. His faded-white eye studied me closely while he nodded ever so slightly, only once.

Secundo was much more casual with his group of ghouls, Alpha, Omega, Aqua, Field, and Draft. They all seemed far more casual and their masks were outdated unlike Primo's. Primo's ghouls had already gained masks that suited the times and identified who each of them where.

Terzo is striking, he bears a thoughtful frown on his face, he wore slightly formal clothes that were definitely not issued by the clergy. Black turtleneck, blazer, slacks. Streaks of white in his hair from stress and his white eye was as bright as the day he gained it, as a Papa. His ghouls were, Mist, Fire2, Breeze, and Dust. Their masks were the same as the ones they performed in.

Their gazes all suddenly followed Copia, his white eye seemed out of place now. As far as I'm concerned, he isn't related to Nihil. He stepped up to the podium awkwardly, and gained his courage.

"Hello! Former Papas. I hope you are all well?" He waited for a response. After a few moments of deafening, awkward silence, Terzo coughed in embarrassment and spoke up in pity.

"I am as well as I can be." He muttered in a gravelly tone.

"That's good, Papa Nihil should be with us shortly, but for now, I have a new member of the clergy to introduce." Copia motioned for me to step up next to him. I followed with hesitance, I'm not really one for all this attention.

"This is Marian, Primo, you may remember her? She claims to have known Nihil, Papa Nihil claims to remember her. She is our new Ghoul keeper. Her duties are as follows;" he opens a book to a book-marked page about my current profession, "to uphold the clergy's beliefs, to devote ones life to the teachings of Lucifer, to be a guide for lost souls and demons, to be a counselor between ghouls to resolve conflicts, and to be themselves to the fullest degree. Now, she is no human, no ordinary ghoul, she's a halfling capable of incredible power, this is important because our ghouls are known to be rowdy and training ghouls is no longer deemed ethical to the clergy." He over-explained and left it on an odd note.

"Now, go! Mingle, try not to make a mess." Copia urged the ghouls and brothers. As festivities kicked off and brothers reunited, I felt a sense of pride, motherly in nature.

"You seem... relaxed, suora..." Copia mentioned to me as he saw my posture change with the energy in the room.

"I haven't felt so safe in all my life. It's hard to let it sink in, but now... I feel it." I mumbled as I watched Rain get ganged up on by the water ghouls, Aqua and Water.

"I think Rain was a good choice for a roommate, you two seem to get along. You balance each other. I hope you don't think less of me if I ask if you are interested in him?" Copia's tone was light and positive, even concerned.

It caught me off guard, I turned away from the brothers and caught Copia's gaze.

"What? I- does it matter?" I whispered.

"Well, Swiss has expressed his interest in you to me.   He is a good friend. I'm not asking to reconsider your feelings, I only ask for his sake." He clasped his hands together, trying not to spark too much anxiety.

"Would you tell him if I did have feelings for Rain?"

"No! Diavolo, no! I-I only want to know so that if it comes to it, I can support both you and Swiss. Swiss will need help moving on and I want to support you throughout your relationship, after all, he is one of my ghouls." His clasped hands unclasped and tucked behind his back.

"I think that makes sense. But to be honest, they're both charming and each have their own grasp on me. Even if one has a tighter grasp than the other. I haven't decided yet." I whispered even quieter so that if any of the ghouls heard me, they'd have to be next to me.

"Okay, I understand." He smiled unsurely but with optimism. He patted my back as he left my side to interact with one of the Three Brothers.

I looked out at them. Grouped by elements.

Rain, Water, and Aqua and Alpha. Fire, Fire(the second), Dew, dew's twin sister Mist. Mountain, Earth, Field, and their sister Dust. Quintessence, Aether, Omega, Breeze, and Draft. Swiss was with Cirrus and Cumulus but there was one more ghoulette than normal.

I went to investigate.

I saw Swiss in mid conversation with her. I tapped his broad shoulder with two fingers, hesitantly. He turned, a grin appearing under his mask.

"Mari, hi! What's up?" He greeted cordially.

"It's all good, just curious, who's this beautiful Ghoulette?" I asked with a grin.

"Oh! Mari, Sunshine, Sunshine, Mari. Sunspot here, is new, she just made it here today. She'll be helping out since I'm the only multi ghoul and Cardinal apparently needs more hands to help with the new album.

"It's nice to meet you!" She smiles wide and goes in for a hug, which I freeze up in. She pulls back apologizing.

"I shouldn't assume everyone is a hugger, I'm sorry." She has a shy smile on her face.

"No, it's okay, I'm just not used to it yet." I smile and dismiss myself, running directly into an inquisitive Terzo.