Surrender (4/4) || 08

•••

•••

four days later

"aera?" jimin frowns, raking a hand through his hair, tired and worried for he just came back from work and couldn't find aera anywhere in the house, "where are you, kiddo? c'mere,"

the child doesn't respond and jimin realises how much he's grown acquainted to her in just four days. sweat trickles down his forehead as he mutters curses to himself for leaving her alone at home without any guidance late in the evening. for the one last time, praying that she must be somewhere in the house, jimin jogs upstairs, checking the bedrooms again, which is when he hears some noise from the bathroom of her room.

sighing in relief as he makes out aera's happy giggles and cackles from inside, jimin knocks on the door slowly, "aera? what are you doing in there?" he asks, "i've been looking for you—"

she giggles again at another voice, growing jimin's suspicion and he frowns, opening the door without a warning. "hey, that's not a nice thing to do," jungkook hisses, standing up from his seat— which was the closed toilet lid— while aera's still in the bath tub, sitting between bubbles and foam with her nerf gun.

"what are you doing here— and how?" jimin stares at the younger brother, who grins at him and sends a playful wink, glancing at aera.

"how did i get in here princess?"

"window," aera states the obvious, holding her gun towards jimin and smiles mischievously, "hands up bad people!"

jungkook obeys quickly, pretending to be scared, whereas jimin is too stunned by jungkook's presence for he knew there was no possibile way by which jungkook could escape the tight security of his cell.

"jiminie oppa, hands up!"

jimin snaps out from his thoughts, still not paying attention to aera's game and turns to jungkook with a hard glare, grabbing him from the back of his neck and his hands locked behind his back, forcing him to drop to his knees, "why do you keep testing me huh?" jimin growls, about to hit jungkook, but aera whines, standing up from the tub and runs towards jungkook, slipping in the process thanks to the soap and water.

"aish, get up," jungkook sighs, "i've told you so many times to be careful in the bathroom,"

"koo, ouch..." aera whimpers, standing up slowly as rubs her butt over her light blue briefs she's still wearing. her eyes then meet jimin, "don't hit my koo. you're bad... why are you hitting him?"

jimin thinks for a moment, nodding his head as grans jungkook's shirt, pulling him up, "aera, clean up real quick and get dressed. we have something really important to do," jimin says, stepping out with jungkook, but stops when jungkook stops, "what?"