prologue

ARSONIST STRIKES THE HEALTH AND CURE HOSPITAL. TWO DEAD

Saturday, August 11 2019

Are hospitals not safe anymore?

In a tragic and eerie incident, the local hospital of the Avisdat saw a cruel form of violence at 10:30 on Friday night. The victims, identified by the police as Caleb Davis, 23 and Julie Winter, 22, faced a barbaric death on yesterday's obscure night as the authorities found their bodies in a devasting condition inside their car, burned to the very core.

Sources revealed the possibility of the perpetrator being a female, in her early twenties, who is speculated to be the "mystery woman" spotted lurking late at night in the parking lot.

Although no hard evidence is yet to be found, the team is trying their best to investigate this further.

HOSPITAL KILLER STILL ON THE LOOSE

Thursday, 24th October 2019

The mystery killer of the college lovebirds is still on the loose. The autopsy for the incident had disclosed they both sustained twelve knife injuries, eight on his chest and four on hers. From the nature of the wounds, it has been assumed the killer was present inside the car with them. 

Though, two months after the incident, close to no evidence has been found on this soul-shaking case. Authorities slammed the mystery woman theory by confirming that the perpetrator is a male whose profile is yet to be disclosed. The investigation has further discovered that Caleb Davis had several rivals who had threatened his life.

Could this lead to something?

THE PAST OF THE HOSPITAL VICTIM

Wednesday, 20th November 2019

Months after a couple at the parking lot of Health and Cure Hospital in Avisdat were found stabbed and burned to death on the night of August 10, Avisdat Police arrested, what they believe is their final suspect in the case. The initial investigation traced Davis's past to a classmate who had threatened his life multiple times in the past. The suspect had been underground ever since word spread about his involvement, but he was arrested from his brother's home late Saturday evening.

Police said the brutal murder could be a fallout of a fight over a petty issue.

The suspect is to be produced before the court on Wednesday and is remanded to police custody till December 17.

AN END TO THE HOSPITAL KILLER?

Tuesday, 14th January 2020

Months after the 23-year-old couple were killed in the Violet Street area of Avisdat, police arrested the alleged main accused—an old rival of the victim.

According to police, River Cassidy, 24, a resident of Sintayn, Avisdat was accountable for the first-degree murder of two of his collegemates. The feud went back to last year when at a house party, Davis and Cassidy had aggressively attacked each other under the influence of liquor. They had been at odds since then, and it went as far as sabotaging the relationship and career prospects for the two.

On the Friday night of August 10, Cassidy decided to put a permanent end to their long-time rivalry. Under the influence of intoxicants, he had assailed Davis with a boning knife. He later set the car on fire to evade the chances of survival. According to the reports, Winter had been collateral damage, and her death hadn't been in the enforcer's initial plan.

However, since the court held that there were no eyewitnesses to the incident and the prosecution could not prove beyond reasonable doubt the applicant's involvement in the said crime, it shouldn't exclude the possibility of the applicant's innocence.

"Since the material compiled in the charge sheet, prima facie falls short of the above, the applicant deserves his release on bail," the court held.

AN EYEWITNESS TO THE RESCUE

Monday, 24th February 2020

Guilty as charged.

Hospital receptionist Jamie Hyde came to the rescue of the infamous Hospital murder case. The prime suspect, River Cassidy after being released on bail due to a lack of witnesses has now been sentenced to 25 years in prison without the possibility of parole. Hyde, Cassidy's close companion had previously been interviewed but had gained no outcome other than sheer determination to prove his innocence. But yesterday afternoon, the court saw her observations change.

Her testimony divulged, "He was upset with how things had been with Caleb. He was up for a big interview and was afraid Cal with his connections would mess with it."

According to Crime Investigator M. Jones, Ms Hyde had come forward after sustaining some injuries herself. Although she blamed no one for her state, she claimed to have Cassidy confess to her over a phone call. She further nudged the authorities towards his apartment, where stuck to a trash chute through a magnet, the murder weapon had been discovered.

And this put an end to the exhausting trial of the Hospital Murder.