Chapter 11

Another day at school we went to Hansol because Seungkwan needed to talk to him all of a sudden.

Seungkwan, Seokmin, and I have approached Hansol. He was surprised the first time. Seungkwan told him about the Slender Man.

"Are you serious?" he asked a little bit unsurely.

"I am dead serious, Hansol."

"Okay, okay! I was just kidding!" Hansol held out his hands in front of him.

"Now tell me if this is a good idea! Perhaps it could be our last option to try because we have nothing to lose after all."

"I dunno, Seungkwan. I think we could at least try it though," Hansol shrugged. "I have nothing better, when I told you about this I thought you will not try it though. I thought you will be scared or something, I was just joking. I also didn't even know the thing could be real..."

***

"We're here, Hansol. Let's go in and, Soonyoung, let's go to the basement, okay?" Seungkwan looked at me.

I nodded with a neutral face. I took a breath and exhaled. Hansol, Seungkwan, Seokmin, and I entered my room in the basement. I loved this place until the thing showed up all of a sudden. This place meant a safe place to me, but now I wasn't sure about it anymore.

Seungkwan turned on my laptop and quickly searched the site. "There it is, y'all!"

Seokmin sat down beside me and took my hand onto his. Our gazes met for a few minutes. "Don't worry, Soonyoungie. I'm here."

I gave him a little smile with a slight nod. 

Hansol turned to us and then looked at Seungkwan with an unsure expression. "Are you sure about that?"

Seungkwan hummed in response. "Of course, I'm sure about that, Hansol. It was you who said we have nothing to lose, right?" Seungkwan smirked and turned back to the laptop.

Hansol nodded. "Yeah... I said it before, but it was something else. I-I don't want to sound like a coward, but I'm not sure if it'll work."

Seungkwan turned back to Hansol. "Hansol, I understand your doubts, but I won't ever give up! I'll do everything for saving my best friend, understood?"

"I understand, Seungkwan, but-"

"But what?" Seungkwan cut off Hansol's sentence. "Hansol... All of us saw that video back then. I know it's only Soonyoung who can see that thing, but then it could be me or Seokmin who could see that thing as well. And what then? If is there any option, I'll try it!"

Hansol nodded. "Let's begin then."

Seokmin put his arm around my neck gently. "It's alright," he kept whispering into my ear.

We watched the video until the very end. Then the lights blinked a few times. I flinched with myself. The air became cold all of a sudden. Seokmin noticed and pulled me closer to his warm body.

"It's... here," I whispered into the silent room. Even Hansol and Seungkwan were sitting beside us in silence.

"Soonyoung? Could you look around the room?" Seungkwan whispered in my direction.

I slowly nodded. Seokmin kept holding me in a tight hug. I turned slowly my head around the room. Once I noticed two long legs I hid my face in Seokmin's chest. My body was shaking under the tears that were coming out of my eyes. I was too scared. 

"Soonyoung, where is that thing?" Seungkwan asked me again.

I pointed to the door where the thing was standing.

"Soonyoungie, we need you," Seokmin whispered into my ear. He wiped my tears away from my cheeks and gave me a sweet smile. "Let's get rid of this thing once and for all."

I took a breath and took Seokmin's hand. Seokmin, Seungkwan and Hansol did the same thing. 

We looked at the laptop. There was a text. "Let's read it out loud together."

We read the text together and while reading it I could see that the thing was disappearing slowly. Once we finished reading the text, the thing was gone.