four.

act one chapter four

      Henry Millan was a smart man — claimed himself to be smarter than most — but one thing he had in common with others was his children and grandchildren never taking his advice

      Henry Millan was a smart man — claimed himself to be smarter than most — but one thing he had in common with others was his children and grandchildren never taking his advice. Platform 9/3 was busy. As it usually was on the first of September. Families upon families ran, walked and jogged through the wall that led them there and bustled around all other bodies to meet the infamous Hogwarts Express.

Kitten heels, velvet coating to them in an onyx shade clicked in time with clean black Oxford shoes rapping against the ground. A sight for sore eyes they were, Jude and Romy Selwyn, their contrast in style grasping most students attention as one strutted and the other practically stomped.

"Ugh could you look anymore unhappy, put a smile on that handsome face please my darling I hate seeing you look so sad!" Romy pouted, lifting her soft hands to grasp his chin and without realising, dug her manicured red nails into his face earning a wince in response as Jude's on hand came up to swat hers away. "That hurt." He replied, ignoring what she had previously said and stuffing his hands back into his long coat pocket — midnight black and it practically covered his whole body — Romy dressed in a slick burgundy skirt, thin tights and a thick fur coat that had the distinct look of mink fur, fake however, she could be evil but not that evil.

Traipsing behind the difficult pair, Billy Selwyn held all three of Romy's bags of luggage as Harriet Selwyn dragged the girls trunk behind her, boot heels making echoing thuds as she attempted to up her speed. Jude had placed all of his one singular small trunk onto a trolley and passed it to a man working on the train with a grateful thumbs up and a few galleons into his hand. Romy's stuff was like gold to her — a lot of it being actual gold worth unthinkable amounts of money — she wouldn't dare let someone she didn't trust with her beloved things and demanded her Daddy to help her get it all onto the train and she would sit with it in her carriage.

Spoiled brat — Jude had thought to himself before he was then having a wad of cash stuffed into his pocket by Harriet who smacked a kiss onto his cheek.

It was no secret the twins were treated more than well, being spoiled beyond belief and Romy may have seemed ungrateful to others but she was far from it. Every month, a quarter of her allowance went directly to the orphanage in the street along from her home, the girl taking it upon herself to hand the cash in person during summers or letting Billy do it for her when she was in school. Jude received the same allowance and only seen a third of it, placing the rest in his bank account to save up for the future, occasionally dishing out some money to give to a charity shop he seen in whichever surrounding area he was in.

"Right I'm too tired you're getting on here!" Billy called, fully dropping all of Romy's bags onto the ground as people swerved around them. "Daddy! My things are in there!" The brunette cried, stumbling over to him and lifting one of the bags into her arms like a baby, cradling it as tears threatened to spill out of her eyes.