Reuinion

It was a completely average day for Cole. He had planned to relax all day, for he had just completed a huge group project the day prior. He was exhausted, and after all, he deserved a break.

Cole had just finished washing the dishes when a sudden ringing caught his attention. His phone was beeping obnoxiously loud in the other room. Cole ventured into his bedroom to see his phone lit up on the nightstand. He grabbed his phone to see who was calling. He gasped, it was Rue. He was shocked to see her name pop up on his screen so suddenly. The last time she came online was in November of last year.

Cole's mind began racing and all those memories he desperately tried to keep locked away for so long came flooding right through like a river. The bandaid had been ripped off and it hurt like hell. His emotions began to overwhelm him and in a moment of panic, he accepted the call. Cole froze. After a few seconds of awkward silence, he finally spoke. "Um... Hello?"
"Hi..." A soft and timid voice answered. Although her voice had changed some, this was undoubtedly Rue. How could he possibly forget? "It's been a while," The voice continued shyly.
Cole stared at his phone, still trying to process all that was happening. "Yeah," He scoffed. "It really has."
"Look, I'm sorry I left okay?"
Cole stayed silent.
"It's not like I wanted to... I just was really stressed out last year and my grades were plummeting."
"And you didn't even have time to say goodbye? We were your best friends Rue, did you not even stop to consider how we felt?"
"I-" Before Rue could explain, she was interrupted by a sudden notification. Lacey, Cole's best friend had joined the call.
"Woooow, look who finally decided to join! WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?" Screeched an obnoxious voice from Lacey. Cole quickly sighed as the awkwardness of the situation had been lifted off his shoulders.
"I'm- I'm sorry, Lacey," Rue stuttered with her quiet voice. "... But I don't think you should be the one being mad. YOU WERE HARDLY EVER ON, TO BEGIN WITH!" Cole heard Lacey take a large inhale and he quickly left the call because he knew she was about to start screaming. "Yeah, no. I'm not taking part in that conversation anymore," he mumbled to himself as he slipped his phone into his jacket pocket. Cole went on with his day as best as he could. There was no way he would be able to have a relaxing day with everything that had just happened. He couldn't stop thinking about Rue.

Cole decided to watch a movie to try and clear his mind. He grabbed the remote and scrolled through all the options. It took him a ridiculously long amount of time to select a movie since he couldn't decide on one.

Cole woke up stretched over the sofa in an uncomfortable position. Apparently, he had fallen asleep and the movie was now over. He grabbed his phone from his pocket and checked the time. It was 2:17 am. Cole didn't feel like getting up to go to his bedroom, so instead, he entered his password into his phone and logged into discord.

He had many notifications from group chats, Lacey, and Rue... Cole stared blankly at his phone screen, wondering if he should open their messages or not. He clicked the icon and entered their messages.

Rue

"Hey..."

"Can we talk?"

Sent at 10:47 pm

Cole read these messages over and over again in his head. He contemplated whether or not he should respond to her. Everything in his life was finally going back to normal again and she just had to show up and ruin everything. All the progress that he had made trying to forget her was knocked down like a wall.

Cole

"Yeah, I would like to know why you did everything that you did."

He placed his phone on his chest and stared at the blank ceiling, wondering why he was even giving her another chance. She had hurt him too many times, and yet he always forgave her.

Hi, this is my first time writing something thats completely original and not fanfiction, and im really excited to start writing again.

Thank you for reading!

-written by yourarkai and _shell_bee_

Reconnectजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें