♡ Chapter 18 ♡

July 18th.

~ Celeste POV ~

My hand slapped over my mouth as I looked down at what I did.

"Oh shit," I curse to myself, it sounding muffled from my own hand.

I hear footsteps behind me and quickly turn around, and let out a breath of relief seeing that it was just Nic.

He looked down at the ground, and even from across the room, I could see him roll his eyes.

"Well, way to go, Dobrev," he stepped toward me. "You killed him."

15 minutes before. Yes - 15. 

"I cooked the food, so you wash the goddamn dishes," Nic argued.

I scoffed, "And to think I thought you were a feminist."

I began picking up the plates off of the table since we ate in the living room, and I heard him swear under his breath before taking the plates from me.

Smiling to myself, I watched as he started washing the dishes.

Knock knock knock.

Nic continues washing the dishes and I go to answer the door.

When I swing it open, my eyes widen seeing a police officer.

"Hello - are you Mrs Jones?" he asks me.

My mouth hangs open for a few moments before I answer, "Yes, I am."

I hear Nic turn the sink off, and he walks to stand beside me. He grabs the back of my shirt and pulls me back a little so that he's closer to the police officer than I am.

"I just had a few questions about something that took place here a few days ago," he says, and I try my best to keep a poker face. "Is it alright if I come in?"

"Yea, sure," I try and sound casual as I move out of the way.

The officer enters, and Nic shuts the door behind him. Nic and I look at each other, matching each other's facial expressions as the officer opens a small notepad.

"Did you notice anything unusual over the last few days?" he asks me as Nic slips into his room, to do god knows what. Probably get a gun, just in case.

I shook my head and crossed my arms, "No, my husband and I have just been enjoying our honeymoon. Can you tell me what this is about?"

He gives me a look, and it makes me feel uneasy. I'm prepared to hear him say it.

We know you killed him.

Fuck, I look horrible in orange.

"A little kid went missing, and hasn't been found yet. Did you see a middle-aged white man with black hair and green eyes around here?" he asks me, and I let out a breath of relief. He then looks at me weirdly when I'm fucking sighing in relief hearing that a kid is missing.

I quickly shake my head, "That's awful, but I haven't seen anything."

"Huh," the man nods, giving me another weird look for a few minutes before starting to speak again. "You know, when I searched you and your husbands' names, nothing came up."

I forced a shocked face, "What? That's so weird."

"Yea.....couldn't even find a marriage record, actually. Where did you two get married?" he asks us.