Lord Robert Rich, 2nd Earl of Warwick

Lord Richard Rich is the son of The Earl of Warwick and he is looking for a bride for his son and he attends the coming out of Lady Penelope Devereux

Lord John Devereux is John Devereux, 8th Baron Ferrers of Chartley and he is married to Lady Cecily Bourchier the daughter of Sir William Bouchier and she marries Lord John Devereux and they have two children, Lady Penelope and Sir Edward Devereux.

Lord Richard Rich is the heir to the Earldom of Warwick and his father wants to find him a worthy match and they attend the presentation of Lady Penelope Devereux and Lord Richard Rich is very interested in Lady Penelope Devereux, and he walks up to Lord John Devereux and bows to Lord John and Lady Cecily and says "Good Day Lord Devereux, I am Lord Rich and this is my son, Lord Richard."

"Good Day Lord Rich. This is my wife, Lady Cecily, my son, Sir Edward and my daughter, Lady Penelope." Lord Devereux tells him.

"Lord Devereux. I would like to discuss a match between my son and your daughter." Lord Rich tells him.

Lord John tells Lord Rich " I will be happy to discuss a match with you, Lord Rich, but my daughter is only 15 years old and she won't be a marriageable age until she is 18 years old."

"My son is 17 and then he will be 20 years old." Lord Rich tells him.

"Lady Penelope is very young and her mother and I insist any suitor waits until she is 18 years old." Lord John explains, " I am willing to provide a handsome dowry."

"Lady Penelope will become Countess of Warwick if she marries my son." Lord Rich explains.

"Lady Cecily and I are willing to discuss it with you, and she has other suitors as well." Lord John states.

"You do realize that my daughter is only the daughter of a Baron." Lord John explains.

"My son has asked me to ask you about your daughter, Lady Penelope, as she has his eye." Lord Rich explains.

"I think that your son needs to talk with my daughter and from there if she wants she may court him until she is 18 years old." Lord John explains.

Lord Rich calls his son, Lord Richard over to where he is standing and Lord Richard walks over and he bows and Lord Rich introduces Lord Richard to Lord John and his wife, Lady Cecily and standing by her mother is Sir Edward and Lady Penelope and " My dear Lady Penelope. This is Lord Richard Rich." Lord John tells his daughter.

Lady Penelope smiles and she curtsy to Lord Rich and his son, Lord Richard, and "My dear daughter. This gentleman wants to seek your hand in marriage to his son." Lord John explains.

"I am honored, father. "Lady Penelope tells her father."

"How do you feel about this match?" Lord John asks his daughter.

"Lady Penelope, by marrying my son and heir, Lord Richard. You will become Countess of Warwick." Lord Rich tells him.

"I am very touched that your son wants me to become his wife, but Sir. I am but 15 years old and I won't be ready to marry until I am 18 years old." Lady Penelope explains.

"My son is only 17 years old and he will wait for you to turn 18 years old." Lord Rich explains.

Lady Penelope is not sure about Lord Richard Rich, and Lord Rich looks at Lord John Devereux but he is adamant about what he wants for his daughter.

Lady Penelope Devereux has many other suitors that her father and mother will consider, but the real decision is up to Lady Penelope Devereux.

Lady Penelope is undecided on what gentleman that she will court and eventually accept as her suitor, but Lord John Devereux is holding out for the son of a Duke, rather than a Marquess, Earl, Viscount, or Count.

Sir Henry Percy is Duke of Northumberland and he has a son, Lord Thomas Percy who is looking for a bride and when he sees Lady Penelope Devereux.

Sir Henry Percy walks over to where Lord John Devereux and his wife, Lady Cecily Bouchier are standing with their son, Sir Edward and their daughter, Lady Penelope and Sir Henry bows with his son, " Lord Devereux. My son is looking for his bride and the blessed lady will become Duchess of Northumberland along with my son, Lord Thomas." Sir Henry tells Lord John Devereux.

Lord Thomas Percy is equally handsome if not more than Lord Richard Rich who is the heir of The Earldom of Warwick.

"Sir Percy. My daughter is only 15 years old and she can't marry until she is 18 years old." Lord John tells him.

"My son is only 17 years old, but I am sure that my son will be happy to wait for your daughter." Sir Henry states.

"Sir Percy. The real decision is left up to our daughter, Lady Penelope." Lord John states, "You see her mother and I married for love alone."

"We want the same kind of match for our daughter." Lord John states, " Not many aristocrats marry for love but Lady Cecily Bouchier and I did marry for love."

Lady Penelope Devereux has two suitors, one is the son of a Duke and the other is a son of an Earl.