Sir Thomas Percy

Sir Thomas Percy is born into a very noble family dating back to the 13th century when his ancestor fought for King Edward I of England.

Sir Thomas Percy is the son of Sir Henry Percy and Lady Katherine Mortimer and he is dashing, bold, handsome, and brave.

He is the son of the Duke of Northumberland and he is 17 years old and he is looking for his bride, and he doesn't seem to be interested any young woman but Lord John Devereux's daughter, Lady Penelope, but then again is Lord Richard Rich, the son of the Earl of Warwick.

Neither of them have ascended to their father's property or title, but they are both very drawn to Lady Penelope Devereux, but Lady Cecily tells her daughter, " Young ladies are never left with gentlemen. "

Both young men are accompany their sons to Chartley Manor to see Lady Penelope with her father and mother, and Lord John doesn't want to displease King Edward IV and Queen Elizabeth Woodville and Lord John asks King Edward IV which one of the two gentlemen he prefers and he answers, " Lord Devereux. I really don't care for either of them."

"Sire. Lord Percy son is their heir of the Dukedom of Northumberland whereas Lord Rich son's is only heir to the Earldom of Warwick." Lord John explains.

"I know you want the best for your daughter and to make sure that she receives a title when she marries." King Edward IV explains.

"Have you considered The Nevilles." King Edward IV asks "They are as loyal to the House of York as Lord Howard and you are."

"I have Sire, but what Neville are you talking about?" Lord John asks.

"The Earl of Salisbury." King Edward IV tells him " Lord Howard has a cousin, Lady Elizabeth, who married The Earl of Oxford and they have sons."

"It's too bad that Lord Howard betrothed his son to the widow of Lord Bouchier, Lady Elizabeth." King Edward IV tells Lord John.

Lord John. I married my Queen for love and I know that I upset The Earl of Warwick." King Edward IV states, "One must listen to their heart."

"I do believe that the Duke of Northumberland is a better match for your daughter, than an Earl's son." King Edward IV states.

Lady Penelope is presented before King Edward IV and Queen Elizabeth Woodville and she curtsy to them and King Edward IV smiles " Lady Penelope. I do believe that you should consider Lord Thomas Percy as a suitor. He is the son of a Duke and his father is old and you would become the Duchess of Northumberland. It is far better to marry the son of a Duke rather than a son of an Earl." King Edward IV states, "A Duke is above a Earl."

Lady Penelope looks at King Edward IV and she replies, " I will be glad to consider and court Lord Percy if your majesty asks me too."

Queen Elizabeth Woodville looks at King Edward IV and asks " Aren't there any more sons of the Dukes here?"

"No, Elizabeth. Most of them are sons of an earl and your son is spoken for. " King Edward IV tells her.

"Lord Howard's son is betrothed to Lady Tinley." King Edward IV states.

Lady Penelope Devereux and Lord Thomas Percy agree to court each other for three years until Lady Penelope turns the age of 18 and if it works out they will marry each other.