Chapter 12

I did not realize how long this chapter was in the books, so even after condensing almost everything, I still managed to write nearly 2,500 words. So... enjoy! Only one more chapter of first year!

--------

 Caelia may have had no experience with sneaking anywhere in Hogwarts, except for maybe the kitchens (though that was an open Hufflepuff secret), but she did have experience with Transfiguration.

Harry had warned her about Peeves, Filch, and Filch's cat, Mrs. Norris, and using what she learned in McGonagall's class, she decided that Mrs. Norris was who she would have to take out of the equation first. In a fun, safe, cat-friendly way of course. She didn't grow up being babysat by Mrs. Figg for nothing.

Taking a couple of her spare quills, she finished writing a letter to her father as her dormmates left the common room, bidding her good night. Finally, she was alone.

Tiptoeing out of the common room and into the hallway, she glanced around, and then, setting a quill on the floor, transfigured it into a rat, which scurried away quickly. That would keep Mrs. Norris busy and her nose out for Caelia's business.

She began to make her way down the hall by the Slytherin common room to head upstairs, but froze as she saw someone exiting Professor Snape's office.

Draco.

He stilled at the sight of her, and his eyes widened. Quietly, he hurried towards her.

"Caelia."

"Hi Draco," she smiled sheepishly.

"What are you doing out here?"

I could ask you the same thing, she thought. But she was already late. "Draco, you know this is only the first time I've snuck out."

"I know. So it must be something important..."

"Draco... do you trust me?"

He nodded.

"I'll tell you everything later. I promise."

"You don't have to. Just... are you okay?"

She smiled. "I will be."

The two of them parted ways, Draco to his common room and Caelia upstairs as fast as she could. She had to set another rat loose when Mrs. Norris came too close, but blessedly nothing else obstructed her path. She met Harry, Ron, and Hermione--who appeared seemingly out of nowhere--at the door in the third floor corridor, which was already ajar.

"Well, there you are," Harry said quietly, "Snape's already got past Fluffy."

"Fluffy?" Caelia gasped. "That's such a cute name, what is it that we're facing?"

The three of them stared at her.

"Right. Nevermind. Sorry."

Harry turned to the other three. "If you want to go back, I won't blame you. You can take the cloak, I won't need it now."

Caelia frowned. "Are you serious?"
"Don't be stupid," Ron chimed in.

"We're coming," said Hermione.

Harry pushed the door open.

Caelis peered into the dark room, and flinched slightly when she heard low growls coming from the back of the room. "What is that?" She whispered.

Ron rested a hand on her shoulder. "Caelia... meet Fluffy, the three headed dog."

"What's that at its feet?" Hermione whispered.