Chapter 23: "New me"

[Igor's POV / 3:15 AM / Terra]

I'm risking my life and time if I enter Lungmen, the police were on me the last time, and they'll be looking for me. I need a new outfit.

I go to the side of the road, start a campfire to keep me warm, and change into new clothing: a grey trench coat, pants, black mask, and bandana. Not much but it will work, the Exo suit is a no go so in the duffle bag it stays. Now a name...I don't actually need one.

Let's rest for the night, I can't feel my legs anymore.

[Timeskip / 11:43 AM]

Igor: There is no turning back now.

I said before entering Lungmen.

Going through the city was a pleasant feeling if we didn't count the stares a few people gave me. I went to some stores to see if there is anything of use for me, but there was one problem, I'm low on money.

Igor: Fuck me.

Voices: Look for potential criminals...

I heard the voices in my head whisper to me, this time they were talking in unison. I don't like where that is going.

Voices: ...we hear your thoughts you know that right?

Fuck. Where should I go then?

Voices: Near run-down buildings and alleyways. There is always some drug dealing there.

And how do you know?

Voices: I've been on this planet for 13 years now.

You're not native of it?

Voices: No, now go.

Alright.

The voices were now gone, I head towards an alleyway to see if I can find anyone, but no luck. As I was about to give up on this I heard voices from a manhole, I go to the manhole to see if I found something or if my mind playing tricks on me. But I found a jackpot, I heard voices talking about some smuggling, originium, and weapon smuggling. 

I waste no time on this and get my Makarov with a silencer from the duffle bag along with multiple threat grenades. I place one on the floor and it detected the enemies within a 12-meter radius. Not much enemies, this won't be easy though. No enemy was below me so I open the manhole and enter it, I ready my pistol and try to find the area where everything is taking place.

It was Reunion members. Along with...GlobeX grunts? How the fuck are they here? Questions later, focus Igor.

I stick to the walls and hide in the cracks and vents when someone gets too close. But we can't get everything, so I shoot anyone who spots me. I look around at the stuff they are smuggling, large chunks of originium, and a lot of firepower. I take some explosives since this needs to be gone, if someone finds out it will start a panic and something bad will happen.

Nothing interesting is going on here, seeing a few guards playing a card game, shit. But they stopped when the radio came to life.

Radio: Attention, we might have an intruder inside of here, 7 dead were found with bullet holes in their head. If you see anything weird report immediately.

They stopped their game and went on alert mode. I knew I was forgetting something, I drop them all in a law-defying time. I ran their pockets to see if there was any cash or worth selling for cash. There was quite a lot of stuff in their pockets.

I continue going down the tunnel to find the place where they are storing all of this. And after many dead bodies and grave robberies, I've finally found it. They are handing the weapons outside somewhere to a truck I presume. I pull out a mini mute charge and time it before throwing it at them.

When it went off, time seemed to slow down a little, and muffled silenced gunshots were barely heard. It then went to normal and I shoot at two grunts who went to see what happened. Going out I kill two more and I was correct there is a truck here. No one guarding it anymore.

Igor: I need to find out how these fuckers find a way in here. Now to rob them.

And as I said that I went back inside and took anything valuable with me before throwing the frag down the manhole and letting it explode, it was loud as hell. I need to get away before the police arrive. Now I find the way I went inside.

[Timeskip / 14:12]

Would you look at that nobody stole my duffle bag, of course they won't it's hidden behind all of this trash.

I took everything and start going through the city, and the police were already at the sight of the incident. Nothing to worry about. A person was walking by and I ask him for directions.

Igor: Excuse me, sir. Is there any pawn shop nearby?

???: It's two blocks down to the left on this street.

He pointed me to it.

Igor: Thank you, have a good day.

???: You too.

He nodded and went his way, I go to the pawn shop and it was actually there...I should trust people more. I enter the shop to see a man in his late 50s running it.

Igor: Good day.

Old man: Hello to you too. Is there something that you would buy or sell?

Igor: To sell, and there is a lot of it.

Old man: You've caught my interest, go on.

I pull all of the stuff I found out of my bag.

Old man: Wow, let's see what we got. A folding knife, silver neckless...

After he examined all of the stuff he decided to put a price.

Old man: So, tell me; what do you think all of this is worth?

Igor: I don't know, 1000 dollars?

Old man: Close, 850. No more, no less. Do you think it's worth the price?

Igor: I think so. Can I get the money now?

Old man: Right away.

[Timeskip / 19:16]

I got the money I wanted, I got the food, water, and more supplies. Everything. Now if only I had ammo. But not now. I need energy.

I tried to find a place to sleep and eat some food.

[Meanwhile]

A woman and a reunion grunt were seen talking inside a tent. The woman was not pleased at all from what she heard.

Woman: What do you mean it just exploded?

R.Grunt: It's all we know, the LPD is investigating the place, we got no way to see what happened.

Woman: Someone decided to sabotage this, I feel it. Next time add more security if it happens again.

R.Grunt: Yes, miss Talulah.

Talulah: Dismissed.

He left and Talulah was there sitting in her tent while holding her head from the stress from the events that happened with Duty in Chernobog and now this.

To be continued...

-------------------------------

Guess what lads, I'm back for around 13 days. Now, how was this chapter? Good? Bad? Tell me. I need to know.