3: Does This Look Infected?

~Gerard's POV~
I wasn't even half as fast as my little brother, and don't even get me started on freerunning, I could barely even climb our front porch steps most nights, sober or not. But that was why we were a team. I had the strength and the brains, and he was practically the parkourist. I made the plans, and he carried them out, but he has fucked us over yet again, and of course I had to chime in to save the day. So I had to push our 2018 silver Chevy from our garage all the way to the side of the side of the house, for me to shimmy up the roof and over, resting on the ledge dipping over the other side of the fence.

They were all too far out of range for me to throw my blades at, and my lack of sunglasses made the targets even harder to spot, considering a mixture of eyeliner and sweat had found its way into my eyes and partially blinded me. I hung from the ledge by my leather gloves, hit the ground, and lunged full speed at them, the first knife just whizzing past the tops of their heads. All 3 heads turn to face me in astonishment.

Once I near them, I see the un-seized one had taken the knife out of the passenger seat of a car it had drilled itself into and was threateningly pointing it in my direction. A brave move for someone of his size and skill level. He was pathetic, acting like I hadn't scared the tits off him when I found him snooping through a previous target's house just hours earlier.

"I thought I told you to come unarmed."

What the hell was he expecting? Me to come over with a tea party set and fine china table for us to sit and have a civiled settlement? Did he even know how the world worked nowadays? What we were capable of? I hoped he wasn't expecting a response, because he wasn't going to get any talk out of me. I don't socialize. I assasinate. Chucking my 2nd, 3rd...4th blade at him.

~Alex's POV~

I follow Frank through the maze of cars, dragging Mikey with me, of course having to remind him of knife dodging strategies. Although the cars were easily used to deflect each one, and surely the other guy had about 8 knives at most. After his 7th one, using his best snake eyes,

Threw his presumably last one at us, Just flying past my throat. I Nearly using the kid as a shield, but he had just gotten lucky as the blade just sliced a chunk out of my jacket, exposing more than I had hoped for never the less. Mikey folded down my collar, running his fingers along the ink in my neck with his free hand.

"You're a scorpion?"

My voice hitched in my throat as the words tumbled out of his mouth, because Frankly(no pun intended), our fate was locked, and it would all depend on what was written in his. What he trained for, what he was destined to be, what group he belonged to, what tattoo was hiding underneath the fabic of his shirt, just like everyone else on this wretched planet had to have, It didn't matter what we wanted, what name we wanted to make for ourselves, because that was already chosen for us. There was a hint of disappointment in his voice. He called out to his older brother,

"Gerard, stop! They're scorpions. Well, at least this one is."

I'm out of my goddamned knives anyway." He sunk to the gravel underneath him. This 'Gerard' guy appeared to be having some kind of anxiety attack right in front of us, crawling and then pacing like the world was about to end, rushing over to me before he hyperventilated.

"Where did you get these?" He had an actual death grip on my wrists.

"I found them in the back of that souped up minivan over there."

He peered intently at my retractable blades. "These blades are rusted. You put rusted blades in my brother's neck!?"

"You don't seem too mad that I even slit his throat at all..."

"Oh the slightest of nicks, he could live with that, but if we don't get him to the doctor, the rust will kill him, dumbass."

"Oh, what the fuck would a doctor do!" Mikey continued to struggle against my grasp, trying his best to disarm me. I almost laugh at his attempt. Frank chimes in, as he had gotten lucky and was trying to be helpful. "I know of a doctor we could hit up, you know, if we can sneak our way through the sewer system." Everyone exchanged glances before letting Frank lead the way as they all took off farther into the city.

I was surprised he had even known about the sewers, or rather, the only somewhat safe mean of transportation in the country. given, you knew your way around the place. 

I wasn't totally sure we were, or at least I was, in the green, but I wasn't a total sociopath so I let go of my potential victim to let him walk on his own, letting Mikey stagger back, stumbling and tripping over curbs as he ran off in the wrong direction, clutching the seemingly irreversible wound in his throat to stop the bleeding, until he backed into a fence.

The electric fence.