Chapter 5: Medusa's Childhood Stories and Our Childhood Stories

I step out of one of Tokyo's bookstores with a disappointed look on my face.

Kujou: *Sigh* Still no sign of the second volume of that black magic book. Maybe I should go to an antique store next...time...what the Hell?

It looks to me that Medusa, true to her name, accidentally turned someone to stone. Knowing her, it must be the guy's fault for forcefully removing the paper bag from her. As she stands in front of him, on the verge of tears, I make my way to her side.

Medusa: *Tearing up* That's why I told you to stop... *Puts paper bag back over her head*

Kujou: Oh boy. You alright, godd- I mean, Medusa?

Medusa: K-Kujou! I d-didn't see you there! How are you?

Kujou: I was doing alright until I noticed your "situation".

Medusa: I-I'm sorry, Kujou! I told him to stop...

Kujou: It's alright. What he just did counts as molesting. He got what he deserved. 

Medusa: That doesn't make me feel any better...

Kujou: *Sigh* Look, Medusa. Tokyo is as dense of a city as it is massive. I wouldn't worry about fossilizing one guy.

Medusa: O...ok...

Kujou: Anyways, where are you headed? Not to supply money to that scummy snake-bitch, I hope...

Medusa: Oh! Well, not exactly.

Kujou: Hm?

Later, I find myself in Yurine-chan's apartment, sitting at her table with Medusa, as my dearest little sister serves us tea.

Yurine: Here you go.

Medusa: Thank you.

Kujou: You know you didn't have to, Yurine-chan.

Yurine: I insist, Onii-sama.

Medusa: Ehehe. You two get along so well with each other. It kind of makes me jealous.

Yurine: You're an only child?

Medusa: Yes, I am. 

Kujou: Must be lonley.

Medusa: I-it's fine. I've had Jashin-chan with me ever since we were children.

Yurine: Speaking of which, she invited you so why isn't she here?

Kujou: Beats me. Seriously. That snake-bitch has no sense of respect. *Sips tea* I don't even know why you keep doing these favors for her.

Medusa: I'm pretty used to it. *Sips tea* Delicious.

Yurine: What do you mean by that?

Kujou: Sounds like you're usually at that snake-bitch's mercy! Does she always treat you this cruelly!?

Medusa: Eh!? Oh, no. Not really. 

Yurine: Really? Then, was she always like this?

Medusa: Well, let's see...when we attended Hell Elementary School, Jashin-chan acted out and broke a statue in the courtyard...

Flashback

Slime Teacher: Who broke the gargoyle statue!?

A younger Jashin-chan points at a younger Medusa.

Medusa: EEEEHHHH!?!?!?

Flashback end

Yurine: Well, she hasn't changed a bit at all.

Kujou: Did the teacher even believe that?

Medusa: N-no. Everyone knew what Jahsin-chan was like so she still got in trouble. B-but when Jahsin-chan was bullying a weaker devil...