Ultimate Discovery!

Light flashed before my eyes as I opened them. We're back at home right now, my home. And right now, I'm staringly blankly at the air. More specifically, the mana wafting in the air.

I could see the mana because, for obvious reasons, how do you even control something not perceivable to your perception? I have absolute control over mana after all.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to control the natural ambient mana wafting in the air. "Gosh darn it... Where do I begin?" I spoke to myself as only soft grumbles escape my mouth.

"Do I... just will it?" I thought as I focused back on the mana wafting in the air, "Move to the left." I thought as the mana in the air moved to the left. "So, I really do have to just will it and it will do its own stuff."

I played around with more with the mana as I let out soft giggles at how much I could control them! *Flash* What? I looked to the right, where I found my mother holding a camera.

"So cute~!" She exclaimed. "I'm going to keep these pictures forever~!" Uh oh. I was apparently stalked by mom. When did she enter the room, and OH NO! Embarrassing pictures!

I let out soft grumbles as protest, but my mom only found it cuter than anything else. She took more pictures of me and left the room happily while the only thing I could do was grumble softly about it.

Well, that was anticlimactic to my adventure to fully conquering mana... But I digress, could I create entire spell now that I satisfy enough control over mana? I think so.

That's how incantations work right? You order mana to follow specific jobs to get the desired result through the spell. All I need to do is intricately command the mana, right?

I focused on the mana present in the air as I told it. "Burn." The mana flared bright red as fire combusted right in front of me, fortunately, I was unharmed.

Even more fortunately, my little experiment right now didn't just literally blow up in my face and mom didn't hear anything. And so, I was now more careful about it.

Just saying mana to burn would obviously make it burn, so why not add more commands to make it more stable? Also, it burn for a split second because there was no specified time.

And, I also must add that I could potentially burn the house down if I do not concentrate the fire into a small, controlled area. And so, I thought of the lines needed for it.

"Um, gather in to a small clump 2 feet away from me, and burn for 10 seconds." I spoke as I immediately, ambient mana gather into a small clump 2 feet away from me and burned.

I watched it flare silently in the air for 10 seconds as it wiped out into smoke. "Eureka! I think I know how this will work. I think." I spoke in my mind as I tried a few other things.

How about making water. "Gather into a clump and convert into water and float indefinitely." I thought as ambient mana swirled into a ball and turned into water, floating in the air.

I let out a happy giggle as I started raving about how I was a genius and some other egotistical things my infantile body could say. "I'm such a prodigy~" I grumbled to myself.

After a few minutes of praising myself for a being such a natural born genius, I continued to experiment more until I was satisfied... and... sleepy. "I... I think I'll take a nap for now..." I muttered to myself as I closed my eyelids. The world blacked out as I let go of the world for a moment. For a brief yet long feeling moment.

And the next second later, I opened my eyes. "Well, that was fast." I thought to myself, how much time passed since I fell asleep? I don't know, but all I knew that I was hungry.