Girls' afternoon

- Caitlin, Iris called, waving her hand as her friend went through the door of Jitter's.

- Iris... Caitlin greeted and walked to Iris' table, a little bit out of breath. I'm so sorry I'm late.

- Be careful. You start talking like my husband, Iris warned with a laugh. With all the times you fixed him, I think you have been contaminated by his sickness.

- Very funny, Caitlin laughed.

She sat and took the ice coffee cup Iris was giving her.

- And, for your concern, I'm late because of your husband.

- That's what I understood, Iris chortled.

With a nod, Iris showed the television where the last breaking news  in Central City was broadcasting.

The Flash kicked by a kid

The coverage then showed a little boy, less than ten years old. He didn't understand The Flash's intents who came to help him and sent a kick to the local superhero... directly in his private parts.

- Ouch ! It must have been so painful, Iris grinded while the report continued on the double bend speedster who had to be rescued by Elongated Man.

- Especially for my ears ! Caitlin exclaimed. I never heard him whine this way before !

- Men, all the same ! When it concerns their precious delicate tool.

The two women giggled at the Flash's mishap. They were so mean !

- Anyway, Caitlin said suddenly, wiping a tear from her eye. What is the emergency that requires me to free my schedule for the afternoon ?

Iris frowned, confused. For a few seconds, she had forgotten she was the one who initiated this meeting.

- Barry's birthday is in two days, Iris said. And...

- And you don't have any ideas for his present ? Caitlin asked.

- Not one ! Iris exclaimed. Not even one of my bad ideas like the wallet or the microscope. After the wonderful Valentine's Day he had prepared at Jitter's, on the roof, where it all began, I have to find the perfect present. So...

- So, you want me to help you find this perfect present, Caitlin ended.

Iris nodded.

- Why you didn't ask Cisco ? Caitlin asked, taking a sip of her coffee.

Iris was going to imitate her. But she changed her mind when the cup touched her lips. Caitlin raised an eyebrow. She raised the second one when she saw that the cup was far from being empty. It was the same for the plate of cookies. Iris had been waiting for her for forty minutes at least ! And she clearly hadn't just been served. Her coffee didn't steam anymore.

- Already done, Iris said, once her discomfort passed. But not one of his ideas convinced me.

- Too nerdy ? Caitlin laughed.

- Exactly !

The two young women burst out laughing again, but more moderate and shorter too because of a new wave of discomfort for Iris. This one was caused by a waiter who passed with an entire tray of fresh steamed coffee.

- Are you ok Iris ? Caitlin asked, worried.

- Yes, I think so, I don't know, Iris answered.
Caitlin watched her friend more carefully. Pale skin, eyes bags, haggard, a few yawns too. She didn't look exhausted, but Iris was clearly not in her best shape.