One Month Later

While inside the Head Doctor's office, the rustling sounds of paperwork echo in the room. A mixture of sweet smells wafted in the Doctor's office of chamomille and honey in the teacup, which rested on the desk, and strawberries and vanilla from the soap she uses. Light shined through the window behind her desk and painted her space in bright colors from the design. Her long ebony-colored hair was tied in a loose braid while looking over the papers she had splattered around her with her sky-blue eyes. After a month of being in the Scouts, the paperwork never ended, which made her hands ache due to how many signings she had done, causing her to drop the pages in her hands and sit back in her office chair.

After a very tiresome and struggling year of being in the Military Police, Tessa was where she belonged, and she was happy because she was finally in the Scouts. When Hange promised Tessa that she would take care of it, Tessa believed there was no point because Alexander decided her fate even without her consent. So, Tessa dealt with her future being in the MPs while Hange worked endlessly to keep her promise to get Tessa out of there. Thankfully, with help from Commander Shadis, Erwin, and Nile, they aided Hange with Tessa's transfer. While enjoying her break, Tessa undoes her braid to run her hand through her ebony curls and starts thinking about what led up to the relocation.

One Month Ago

With the Interior Walls of Wall Sina closing in, Tessa finally accepted that this was her future, though not being her choice. She fiddled with the watch on her right wrist to distract herself from the impending annoyance of when it came time to meet with the entire Military Police regiment. Tessa already suspected the men would try to fake injuries just to see her, and she was right. On the first day, Tessa decided to overlook the girls first just to ease the tension from being there. Nevertheless, the men needed to see Tessa too, but it was due to fake symptoms and injuries. She hid her frustration but still checked on them, though they made unnecessary comments about her, resulting in Tessa cataloging it in a secret file, hoping to use it for evidence to get her a transfer. However, Tessa ran into a problem because to get approved, she must meet with the Commander of the Branch, and that person was Tegan, her worse patient in the entire Regiment.

Tegan would be in Tessa's office almost every day, if not every hour, complaining about feeling in pain. Yet when Tessa declared him healthy several times, he would still complain about it. Tessa knew it was bullshit because he would be laughing and training after leaving her office as if nothing was wrong. Tegan would often offer to escort her to see the patients she had in the city, fearing she could get hurt or lost, and each time Tessa refused because she needed space from the annoying unwanted attention from him and the rest of the men. Tessa dealt with all the lingering glances and unsuccessful flirtations from them until Tegan crossed the line with his inappropriate touching of Tessa's body. It became the final straw for Tessa's patience. It had been a year of being in the MPs, so her temper was already wearing thin, but when Tegan touched her, it made her snap.

Today like any other day, Tessa is in her office organizing her medical supplies to relax until a knock disrupts her way of therapy. Tessa closed her eyes and sighed, knowing who it could be, "Come in." She replies in a deadpan tone while placing her notebook on her desk. When Tessa turns around, her assumptions are correct when she sees Commander Tegan walking into her office, "Good morning, Dr. Tessa," He greeted as he walked into Tessa's office, "How are you today?" He asked while closing the door, to which Tessa faked a smile, "Good morning, Commander, I'm well." She replied before turning to get the two files from the cabinet behind her. One was Tegan's actual file, and the other was from the evidence of harassment Tessa filed of the men constantly harassing her. After closing the cabinet, Tessa sighed, "What seems to be the problem this time?" She asked while opening his records. Tessa hated when Tegan said her name instead of her title. 'It's Doctor Lind, Dumbass. How hard is that?' She thought as she waited for her answer.