Chapter 13

=================
~After the Costa Rica trip~

"I can't believe time flies by so fast!" I say to Ava whilst holding onto school books so tight and walking in the hallway.

"Right, school is getting harder and more boring.." Ava replies, sighing in disappointment.

"Hold on, have you heard about the club thing? It's been going around just now."

"What club thing?" I asked, as we just got back from the holidays meaning I didn't get any news from anyone.

"We are apparently supposed to choose a club if not, we'll get kicked out of school!" She warns me, stopping all of the sudden in the middle of the hallway.

"Oh please, you believe that nonsense?" I brush off, looking the other way.

"Ok then, let's ask people around."

"Fine." I replied. I needed answers too so I agreed.

***

"Excuse me random student? Do you know anything about the club thing that's being going around?"

"Of course I do, there's only like 10 more spots left of the good ones, better hurry up!" Replied the student, running towards a club.

"Wait it's actually real? We better get going!"

I was so surprised that it was real, I felt anxious as I didn't want to get expelled just for a stupid mistake I can easily avoid.

"You know what one we're going to, the art club!" Shouts Ava, pointing towards the direction of the club.

"To the art club!" I also point.

10 minutes later

Ni-ki's pov:

"Of course I'm late, on the important day.."

***

"Club name you would like to choose please." Asked the receptionist.

I've thought of this the whole holiday and I was not worried about anything.

"Soccer club please." I reply, walking towards the club having no doubts that I wouldn't get in.

"Sorry student, looks like it is full and there's only one more club left and conveniently, one more spot left. The art club!" She calmly remarked.

I stood there frozen. I was panicking in the process. I couldn't believe my eyes. The one club I didn't want to even want to look at.

"D-do I have to?" I stutter whilst shaking and sweating.

"Unless you want to get kicked out. Then yes of course!" She replied.

"I shake my head in disappointment in the process of me walking toward the worse room ever. I just hope good people are in there. I hope that Sofi isn't there, don't want to see the ugly face of hers.

***

Just as I was talking about her, I could see her in the room on the corner of my eyes.

"Why.. why did God have to punish me like this?" I lamented before entering the art club.

***

"Oh Ni-ki hi!" Remarked the male teacher with a high pitched voice smiling at me.

"Good afternoon teacher.." I replied, walking towards the last seat in the room. It just had to have been the seat next to Sofi's.

"Could we maybe switch seats?" I asked the guy next to me. Before they could answer, the teacher caught us and had no choice but to sit next to her.

"Good afternoon class, this is you're official compulsory club that you will attend every single academic day. What a fantastic choice for you to pick the best subject in this school, Art!" He shouts with joy in his voice and smiling at every student.

"Great.." I sarcastically say under my breath.