Chapter 2

TW violence, threat

~Hazel's POV~

"I'll bet you 20 coppers the snake will win!"

"Make that 30!"

"I'll bet you 40 coppers  the flesh creature will win!"

What was happening? Where was I?

Something poked me with a stick jolting me awake. I tried to get up but tight ropes held me down. Huge slimy animals with moist, wet skin looked down at me as I squirmed on the ground. They looked like... frogs.

I let out a muffled cry and a muscular, large one prodded me in the ribs.

"The creature's finally awake," He said gruffly smiling with amusement at my poor attempts of trying to wriggle out of the ropes. 

A taller, skinnier creature with a long tail and bright blue skin - unlike his muddy brown counterpart-  leaned down to look at me.

"It looks stupid. And weak," he hissed " we might as well give it a weapon otherwise the snake will have an unfair advantage. But I doubt it'll know how to use one."

I narrowed my eyes at the blue one, whilst the muddy brown one picked me up and dumped me on the sand of some sort of arena. 

"Dunlop, release the flesh creature," the blue one commanded the brown one. 

Dunlop carefully untied me, before removing the gag from my mouth. He shoved me forward and tossed a sword at my feet. Quickly, he then closed the entrance to the stage of the battle arena, blocking my only exit.

Beasts like Dunlop and the blue creature looked down at me, shouting and smiling.

"Release the snake!" the blue one ordered. 

Dunlop hurriedly opened the door of a huge metal cage containing one of the most enormous creatures I had ever seen. 

So this is what I have to fight. Great.

Dunlap ran to back to safety and I grabbed the sword laying at my feet. Finally free from the cage, the snake slithered slowly towards me, its beady yellow eyes staring straight at me, its next target.  

The colossal reptile lunged forward sinking its fangs into the place I had been standing just seconds before.  It tried again and I stumbled backwards desperately trying to slash its head with my sword. That just seemed to make it more determined to get me. It wrapped its huge scaly body around my torso, squeezing me so much I couldn't breathe. 

The crowd booed and roared with delight as they watched the snake tighten its grip. 

Well this is certainly a horrible way to die.

Without warning, the snake dropped me, whipping its head around to look down at a hooded figure that'd just stabbed its tail with a glowing , green laser sword. The huge reptile turned its attention to its attacker lurching forward jaws outstretched. Swift and agile the hooded figure dodged the snake and slashed its head clean off. The reptile's disembodied head fell to the floor, blood pouring onto the arena sand.

Ewww.

The hooded stranger looked up "Come with me."

(509 words)

Hi! Hope you're enjoying the story so far, any constructive criticism is great. They're only short chapters but I'll try to update often! Byeee stay safe!

-JustViney