Chapter 4

~Hazel's POV~

"Mom comes back tomorrow at exactly 7 a.m.," Reed told me "So we'll be leaving at 6 a.m."

"Won't your Mom notice you're gone?" I asked her. 

"I doubt it, I tend to get up at 7:30 so that gives us an hour and thirty minutes to get as far ahead as possible before she notices we're gone," Reed responded.

Ula pleaded " What about me? You can't just leave me here, by myself. Take me with you!"

Reed looked down at the small newt.

"I wouldn't have thought you'd want anyone telling Mom about what you're doing, right Reed?" She huffed angrily. 

"Fine," Reed growled "I'll go and hire a Fwagon, you two get some rest." She gestured for me to lie down on a pile of cushions.

I sighed and sat down, not wanting to sleep alone in the presence of the feisty, little newt who was glowering ,arms crossed, at me. I can't believe I was trusting these peculiar strangers. It's not like I have much of a choice though. 

Ula narrowed her eyes and finally left me alone. 

I just sat there for a minute, playing with my hands. 

Oh, what have I done. 

I leant back. Maybe a little bit of sleep wouldn't hurt, if it meant I could get away from.. from this.

I closed my eyes letting the darkness swallow me. 

~Time Skip~

I was woken to Ula prodding me in the shoulder with her tail.

"Hey!" I yelped, jumping away from her.

"Reed, she's awake!" Ula yelled, scurrying away to join the bigger newt who was busily packing things into boxes.

I went to join her ,"It's almost time Hazel! The fwagon's outside and I'm almost ready preparing." Reed told me.

"Um, Reed," I started, "why exactly are we leaving? Why are you helping me?"

Reed looked at me for a moment then continued what she was doing. 

"Well, I had a dream about you and listen, I don't know much, but you can't stay here in Amphibia." she responded.

I paused "So you're going to help me and me and my friends get home?" 

Reed smiled, "That's the plan."

I'm sorry for the hiatus , but there you go, a new chapter! I'll try  to keep the book updated weekly but no promises. I hope you like it!! Stay safe, byeee!

-JustViney