Chapter 1

Stiles slowly ascends the stairs to his room. Doing everything in his power to make sure his father doesn't hear him. Once the door is shut he can't help but smile and do a small victory dance. Finally something interesting happens in this stupid town. Stiles takes his phone out speed dialing Scott's number.

No answer. Stiles sucks on his lower lip, trying again but once again the same response. Nothing.

Stiles grabs his rope ladder from the top of his closet. Throwing it out his window and slowly going down it. Closing his window as he goes.

Of course he has a rope ladder, why wouldn't he?

His window is next to a tree. Which wasn't probably a good idea for the builder but it made his ladder invisible to others due to the tree's shadow. Ducking under a bush he watches as his father gets in his cruiser and drives away.

Stiles dials Scott's number once again. Before sighing deeply. Great, now he has to go get him.

Stiles breathes deeply before looking around, making sure the coast is clear before making a beeline for his jeep. But after the engine roared to life Stiles wondered why he was trying to be so stealthy when his jeep roared like a lion.

After a few minutes he gets to Scott's house. Parking it in a close by place he gets out. And immediately slips on mud. Causing him to bang his knee in his attempt to catch himself from falling on his rear.

Looking to the McCall house he saw Scott moving around in his room, a lacrosse stick in hand.

The grass got less slippery as he got closer to the house, and by the time he got there his shoes were mud free.

Looking at the structure of Scott's house and feeling the moistness of the wood. It had rained earlier, and while that would no doubt be a problem in the woods he had to make sure it wasn't a problem now.

It seemed dry enough. His limbs knew the exact places to climb. He'd had quite a few incidents where this hadn't gone right. He'd broken his arm one and sprained his ankle from landing on it wrong but trial and error seemed to have paid off in the long run. As he hoisted himself onto the roof. He sighed in relief. Not even slightly aware of how stuck his foot was in the vines.

He pushed himself up, and peered into Scott's room. Wasn't he just there? As the door opened below him his foot lost its hold on the roof. As he slipped he wondered how bad the injury would be this time. But as he felt his body jerk, stopping his fall, he came face to face with Scott.

Resulting them to both start screaming like little girls. Stiles covered his face as Scott nearly knocked his lights out with a baseball bat.

Scott huffs in disbelief, frustration and annoyance. Before lowering his bat. Wondering if it would just be smarter to hit Stiles to prevent the trouble they were no doubt going to get in tonight.

"Stiles, what the hell are you doing?!"

Stiles looks just as exasperated as Scott as he eyes the bat in his best friend's hands. He looks back to Scott's face. Defending his actions with something Scott knows could only come from Stiles' lack of real logic.

"You weren't answering your phone! Why do you have a bat?"

Scott looks at it momentarily, realizing how stupid it must really look before defending himself. With an annoyed scoff. "I thought you were a predator!"

"A pre...- What...?" Stiles looks at Scott with pure confusion and mild repulsion. Clearly appalled by the implication, before scoffing and changing to the subject of why he's there. "Look, I know it's late, but you gotta hear this. I saw my dad leave twenty minutes ago. Dispatch called– they're bringing in every officer from the Beacon Department, and even state police." Stiles says, having no control over showing how excited he is because of it.