Chapter 6 S2

Hello fellow readers, I am alive, thank you for asking. I had to deal with some major bs, school and work but I will continue to write. I do feel like this story is a major flop but I am thankful for those who read it. Also a reason why I'm not writing that much is because season 4 is cuming (sorry 🤣) and I'm a bit paranoid because I'm scared that I might need to change the end because maybe it wouldn't match the beginning of season 4 or the plot would all get fucked up but that's up to fate to decide. For now, enjoy this wonderful chapter.

-Jing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n POV

I spent most of the flight overthinking about what happened earlier in the woods. I literally wasted a power without my precious jewelry on nothing. I did do a neat trick though. As I sat on Phoe-Phoe's back with my head on my knees and my hands wrapped around them, I couldn't stop thinking.

''Hey.''

Rayla's sweet voice ripped me away from my thoughts.

''Don't beat yourself up, we all make mistakes,'' Rayla said and wrapped her hands around my waist and put her head on my shoulder.

I closed my eyes, immediately feeling more calm. I opened my mouth to say something but a gentle hum interrupted from behind us. Rayla released me and turned around.

Behind us sat Callum in a weird yoga position. (I apologize for not knowing the names of yoga positions)

''What are you doing?'' Rayla asked, genuinely curious.

''Meditating upon the meaning of sky. Something you should try, Y/n. I've heard it's helped a lot with anger.'' Callum looked back at me with a smirk but I ignored him and rolled my eyes.

''Ugh! That's more boring than any answer I would have guessed. And leave Y/n alone. To be fair you need it just as much as she does. Remember the Cursed Caldera? And I'm sure you've had a few anger problems as a kid, right Y/n?'' Rayla looked at me happily and I smiled gently at her.

''Anyways, I'm trying to connect to the Arcanum like Lujanne said, so I can use sky magic again,'' Callum said as he held his hands out in a circle.

I rolled my eyes with a groan. Does this guy care about anything else than himself and magic? Probably not. That seemed to piss off Rayla as well because she glared angrily at Callum.

''Didn't she also say you have to be born with the Arcano-what's-it to do magic?'' Rayla looked back at Callum, waiting for him to reply.

''No, she said you had to connect to the primal and that magical creatures are born with a connection. But I don't see why I can't make my own connection,'' Callum replied and stretched his arms out, humming.

''By sitting weird and humming?'' Rayla asked.

''Right. Seems reasonable?'' Callum hummed and Rayla rolled her eyes with a sigh.

Rayla turned around and hugged me again before looking up with a weird look on her face.

''Rayla, is everything okay?'' I asked.

''Uh, is it just me or are we losing altitude?'' Rayla asked, looking around.

''What? No way,'' Mr knows-it-all said. ''I'm extremely attuned to slight changes in the airflow..''

We all yelled as Phoe-Phoe flapped her wings frantically, losing altitude faster and faster, land getting more and more visible beneath us.

''Y/n, if you don't use your powers and save us, we're all gonna die!'' Callum yelled at me.