experiment

Liam spent hours on the computer, trying to figure out how to take his friends back to their homes. tears flooded his eyes.
If it took forever for Airy to learn anything, why would it be different for him? he looked over to the small planet, an idea coming to mind. Maybe not a good idea but hey, it was worth trying something else.

He slowly got up, his broken leg didn't help at all as he slowly made his way out of the cave.
he looked around for something– Anything that could be considered a challenge.
'god this place was boring, how did Airy manage staying here for years?'
he shook his 'head', freeing himself from those thoughts. What he needed to focus on right now was a challenge, but something easy so his friends would finish quicker.

he sighed in relief when he saw a small twig, he could make the next challenge parkour. Liam walked over to the twigs,grabbing some grass and vines so he could make something. bringing the items back to the cave. he quickly made something out of his gatherings. he slowly turned his attention to the planet as he hesitatly spoke into the mic. if he didn't make his intentions clear, the cont- his friends could get the wrong idea.

"..guys?" he watched as they jumped and looked around, surprised to hear his voice instead of airy's. after not hearing anything for a few seconds he scooted closer to the planet, picking up the mic to speak into it again. he knew they heard him the last time but.. he needed to hear them too.

he took a deep breath before speaking, his heart beat faster with every second he spent there. In front of the computer. the very thing that could save them.
"guys it's me, backpack. i'm gonna try to get you guys home." he smiled when soda bottle spoke up "Send us home! now! please!" Liam nodded, quickly realizing that they couldn't see him "I will, I just- I need you to… " he squeezed his eyes shut as he finished his sentence "do a.. challenge"

their voices all suddenly collided with each other, angered yells came from them all. He could only make out a few things they said, none of it being friendly. He panicked and picked up the small obstacle course he made, getting ready to give it to them "It's not like that!" he was about to drop the small creation on the planet, stopping himself. He remembered what Airy said, about crushing the first contestants, he put it down on the desk next to him.
"i've been sitting here forever and I think you guys can only go home after an elimination. I'm not certain that's how it works but it's worth a shot, right?"

he watched as they all looked at each other, thinking. soda bottle spoke up for them "fine. That seems reasonable, the challenge has to be simple though. we're not gonna spend an hour doing something just for an experiment!"
Liam smiled, relieved. he picked up the course again and set it down and the other side of the planet, away from his friends.
"you're going to have to walk over to it though, I didn't want to crush you guys with it"

The others let out some laughs, some were genuine and others were forced, uncomfortable with what Liam said. "it's over on your right, keep walking straight and you should see it. while you guys do that I'll try and see if there are any other ways" the others headed towards the challenge.
Liam turned his attention back to the computer. He was unsure if he could ever learn how to do anything.

★to the contestants★

scenty turned to soda bottle after a minute of walking, keeping her voice down so no one would hear "do you think this is a good idea?" soda bottle turned over to her, slowing down "what do you mean?" she rubbed her arm as she looked at the others "I just- what if one of us died during this? I don't think bac-" soda bottle put his hand on her own, speaking in a soft voice to comfort her "backpack already agreed on making it simple, none of us will die during this" (teehee :] )

scenty smiled at him, looking forward. she stopped and stood in shock. soda bottle soon followed her actions. anger soon filled the empty bottle, stomping his foot "LIAM!?"
there were shuffling sounds before backpack responded "What's wrong? Are you guys alright?!" panic laced his voice as he stared down at them. soda bottle pointed to the obstacle course "what is this? I thought you agreed on making it easy for us?!"

Liam sighed, glad no one was in trouble. "well, I couldn't really think of anything else and I don't think it would work if we redid a challenge. I'm sorry guys" moldy rolled her eye before walking closer to the course "it doesn't matter, we need to finish so one of us could be eliminated" she started climbing up the wall, others following after her.
scenty sat down, calming herself. soda bottle sat down next to her, they watched as the top of the wall overflowed with objects. the small platform not being enough for them..

888 words :)
this was kinda rushed since I wanted to get this out quickly.
but I'm glad with how it turned out.