Dubrovnik

Now heading into the famous city of Dubrovnik the animal smugglers traveled undercover to the exchange point disguising themselves in the city traffic. The valuable asset was secured in a highly protective metal crate that could not be opened easily unless it had maintenance issues. Dubrovnik is a well-known pitstop for prehistoric traffic, when BioSyn was still up and running this was one of their central location courses when they were transporting their cargo to locations across the continent such as the black market in Malta or their base in the Dolomites. But however it was now frequently used for the actual exchange only for transportation and negotiations, and things had changed quite a lot.

They finally reached their destination it was noticeable that it was a very ancient building, its structure and design were different than the other historical houses they passed. As soon as they realized where they were it became obvious but also quite confusing, dealing with something illegal in a famous touristic point in the city wouldn't be too logical. But it was assumed that it's a less tourist-filled area in the Walls of Dubrovnik.

The three high-bounty individuals hopped out of their respective trucks they were hiding in, coincidentally the juvenile Styracosaurus appeared to be in there as well. Natalie stayed behind to observe it, then later gave a pleading face to Everett and the sincere and severe woman they had made a friend. 

Everett sighed as he rubbed his thumb on Natalie's hand softly, "Nat, we can't he'll be too noisy."

She nodded, this time understanding how high the stakes are and that they were not the same young and foolish people they once were. However, Katerina had a different mindset, "We can come back for him later, now let's just focus on our main target for chaos."

The paleontologists came to an agreement with the dealer and snuck into the building right after the mercenaries. Now that they were inside, it was all made clear, this specific portion of the wall was under repairs, since it was the weekend there were no construction workers in the area. The enormous container was suddenly placed into a type of stage, smaller in height but much larger in width. Some very important officials strutted into the building and stood in front of such containment, still keeping a good distance from the creature.

Despite the whole scenery feeling offputting, luckily for them, the man who requested this encounter was unable to come to visit due to his own business in his headquarters. The officials then all removed their sunglasses to observe the phenomenon that was about to occur right in front of them. The metals walls separating the creature from the bidders began to melt as if it was a simple ice cream, the creature in the size of a Rhinoceros screeched at the sudden reaction and attempted to speed toward the bidders but there was a mechanism of invisible fences activated, similarly to the island if Africa.

From behind the three mischievous enemies observing the presentation, Natalie gasped in fright, "What is that."

"It's been around for longer than any of us expected." Katerina explained using a low profile, "They call it project Pteroismenurarana."

Now the audible fencing allowed the animal to approach a few steps forward to the bidders to present its other features.

Everett pondered about the creature's supposed name, "These don't sound like dinosaur scientific denominations."

"Because they're not." Katerina responded now showing concern in her voice, "That's just the name they gave her because it's a combination of the animals they used to fill in some genome gaps."

The hybrid stressfully walked in circles, like a big feline in a zoo cage. The creature lunged at the bidders but obviously, it was unable to succeed due to the power efficiency of the fences technology, one of the female bidders let out a terrified scream but then sighed in relief as the creature went back to its spot. However, her emotion shifted as soon as the creatures emitted a sound resembling the one she had just made.

Speechless, the three people attempting to ruin the selling would just remain completely still in absolute shock. Due to all the stress and starvation, it was put through it was over with these human shenanigans, it let out a dehumanizing screech and climbed over the fence with its unreal athletic abilities. Now that it was out it lunged at what seemed to be the weakest and easiest one to pray on, using its venomous glands to take the bidder down. The hybrid began to feast on the human before noticing the other humans were running off into the most populated and tourist areas, the creature screeched and sprinted after them.

"Oh, no, no, no." Katerina bit her pointer finger in panic, "This is bad."

"We'll go after him." Natalie stated as she stretched her limbs for a supposed run.

"Don't worry."Everett held a gun he found on the floor and continued her phrase, "We'll be back for you."

Katerina once again admired their innocence, "You don't understand, it's heading down to the civilians, there is nothing you can do."

Their eyes widened they had to think of something quick, Natalie pushed Everett toward the exit, "Go." She said following the creature down the hallway but before she said, "Katerina! Free the other animals and get us a car!"

She saluted in response running back to the basement they parked in. Natalie ran down the long hallways that led to a set of stairs way ahead, she was continuously bumping into the remaining bodies of the bidders that threatened the animal, which led her to realize, "It chases a target." And to prove her theory right, the hybrid was peacefully climbing onto the terrace of the wall through a half-broken window. A family was taking a selfie along with the beautiful ocean when suddenly a dinosaur appeared right behind them, the family screamed, alerting the people around and causing everyone to run around in circles terrified.

Natalie got to the top of the stairs and noticed all the havoc the hybrid was causing, she had to think of something quick, until Everett decides to shoot the animal on its rear making it scream, some of its venomous quills were sent flying at some tourists, this upped the kill count to twelve. Natalie breathed heavily now realizing the creature thought she was the one who hurt her as the shot came from her direction. In panic Natalie sprints for her life not looking back at any given moment, the enormous hybrid chased after her on all fours, jumping from side to side, reminiscent of a frog.

The woman headed the opposite way from the tourist now policemen began to shoot the creature who had very durable skin. Unfortunately, Natalie reaches a  dead end and has to act quickly, or else she ends up much like the other victims, she has a brilliant idea. Natalie takes a leap and jumps to the nearest habitation she could find, she attempted to hold onto the roof but it was too strong. Natalie fell down from the roof as the creature seemingly landed on top of the same building, inexplicably a shard of the hybrids quills scratched a fragment of Natalie's arm.

Everett rushed downstairs into the street where he finds Natalie passed out, laying on the ground. The locals ran in fear after spotting an enormous hybrid jumping from roof to roof at an incredible speed. Everett held Natalie in his arms, attempting CPR to bring her consciousness back and when he manages to do so she spits foam out of her mouth, "Ev?" She stammered weakly.

"Yes, it's me." He smiled now helping her sit down for a while, "You okay?"

"I don't think so." She responded while strangely palping his face, "I can't see anything."

"Wait, what?" Surprised he began to analyze her body until he found the strange hybrid quill left on her, "Oh no, it scratched you."

Natalie rubbed her head, "How am I not dead?"

"Considering they added Lion Fish DNA to that thing." He theorized, "The effect it left on you was so minimal that the side effects are only temporary like the fish, but when it attacks you for sure it's fatal."

"Then I'm temporarily blind." She laughed nervously, "I think I can deal with that."

Suddenly a large truck braked right behind them, it was Katerina. "Things have gone south, we are in danger, and the dinosaurs were taken."

With no time to respond Everett carried Natalie into the truck and sat beside Katerina wondering, "What now?"

"I know a place to go."She stepped on the accelerator and fled from the crime scene.

Luckily for these three they left before things got ugly, but wouldn't say unscratched. Hopefully, they are not ambushed once again and manage to escape notified, however, the fact animal trafficking was occurring in such a well-known location, authorities will have to deal with things much larger than the people involved.