Lies

Shortly after allowing her sister to escape with an assumed new ally, Melissa decided to head out alone and find her own way to the cargo plane. However, she still knew that being alone was not the right choice, she was quite literally following the opposite of what she had just disciplined her younger sister about. But the choice had already been made, whatever was happening next was what the universe planned to do, even if its a bad thing. Unknowingly to her, her sister and the man were about to face the same consequences as she was, but of course separately.

Missy prepared herself to follow the emergency map, that was made in case of emergencies. She skeptically roamed around these tunnels in the hope to reach the landing strip and board the cargo plane in time. Eventually, she heard voices coming from a short distance, she used a familiar technique and hid in between two walls that led to the main hallway, luckily she went noticed by the staff.

This entire operation was going easily so far, she still had her concerns about Alice but she knew her sister was strong enough and smart to handle these people, and that if things went south they would find each other. However, she noticed something strange on her map, the exit led to nowhere, "What?" In a panic, she began to look back and forth at her source and at the real location, leading her to breathe faster than she usually does.

She rolled closer to the wall and noticed it was, in fact, a hidden door, she sighed in relief, hope wasn't lost. Missy analyzed the door and looked for the blueprint, in other words, the gap. Missy spotted the gap and attempted to pull it with her bare hands, but it was made of very strong material so she began to search for tools. Missy grabbed a crowbar and began to pull the metal plate with all the strength she had in her body and she does, causing a big metallic snap to echo through the corridors of the building, "Shit." She cursed under her breathe

Luckily, something had overlayered the sound of her shenanigans, unfortunately, the reason why it was overlayered was not good at all. Orville stomped into the hallway and punched the wall angrily, "Fuck me." He complained while rubbing his hand against his forehead, really stressed.

Missy gasped while trying to sneak away noticed, but despise her beliefs he did see her, "What are you doing out of the meeting room?"

"We escaped." She responded, halfway through the exit.

Orville slowly approached her, seemingly not meaning any harm, "Melissa, listen to me, you can't go through these doors."

"You're lying." Missy wheeled back avoiding any physical contact with the man, "You're just trying to get me again."

"This door was sealed for a reason." Orville attempted to warn the girl about the truth, "You will die if you go past that fence."

"It's my only way out." Missy flipped Orville off in response to his antics, she wheeled herself to the perimeter fence and crossed it, paving her way through the snow. Little did she know the man was in fact telling her the truth, and now she had no one but herself to go through this situation. He sighed out of frustration and went to his very own private jet, ready to embark on his next operation, as the ambush in Dubrovnik had already been handled and perfectly stabilized by his team.

Missy fought against the cold winds of Russia and followed her instincts through the icy and apparent abandoned road. She looked to the side and noticed a few recognizable species wandering through the snow, such as GiganotospinosaurusDryosaurus, and Protoceratops, she instantly assumed they were bred differently than other individuals of that species to endure the artic temperature if this was what Orville warned her about, she knew her way with these creatures in specific. 

The realization only started to kick in when she noticed a large structure, with large concrete standing to 10ft maximum, metal bars sustaining it, and a sign warning about the dangers. Missy read it and realized it belonged to the creature she and her sister had dealt with hours prior to this, the Irritator. However, the gates were open and the workers were absent, only meaning the creature was aboard the plane as well.

Terribly enough, she could hear a trumpet-like noise in the distance, hidden within the sounds of the strong wing. But if the Irritator wasn't there, what could possibly be lurking in these woods in the cold. Missy could only catch a small glimpse of the creature from where she was, it was a large, fuzzy animal that walked on all floors, and it was also thick. Missy only recognized the animal when she spotted its main features, the mammal lifted its front legs and raised its trunk, and emitted another trumpet sound, it became clear it had two curved ivories and thick fur, it was a Woolly Mammoth.

Missy began to worry, she had only heard rumors about this creation being defrosted and brought back to life and now that she saw it was real she didn't know what to do, the lack of experts in this animal left her absolutely terrified. The mammoth hadn't spotted Missy yet, as it is extremely territorial, she was an advantage for now. The sooner Missy processed her situation, the sooner she came to realize the airfield was much lower than she was now, she needed to go down.

She wheeled herself slowly avoiding any subtle noises. The mammoth began to approach her, curiously feeling her scent in the middle of all the frost and snow. Missy stopped completely still as the animal made its way to her post, the enormous mammal caused the floor to tremble with its powerful legs. Missy covered her mouth in fear, hoping that the animal would allow her to leave with no conflict. The mammoth, on the other hand, couldn't trust humans as they only had meant harm to it before, slamming its trunk against her. Missy ducked her head in time, only feeling the pressure of the air, she looked back at the enraged animal and fled.

The girl used all the strength she had left in her arms to push her wheels as fast as she could, the mammoth was not giving up on her easily, even if it was not fast enough, due to all the weight it carries around on its body. Missy's arms strained from her efforts but she couldn't allow the creature to get to her, her tears were soon ice, and her wails were silenced by the drift. The mammoth swung its head around and huffed with impatience, Missy's objective wasn't clear to her yet, she only wanted to escape from a painful death at the hands of the prehistoric elephant, if these were other times, she would acknowledge the animal was only acting by instinct, as she had trespassed into its territory.

Finally, some hope had landed in the girl's mind, there appeared to be a cliff right ahead. She was aware that in survival situations sometimes she would be forced to take extreme measures, and this time was no different. Following her short break in efforts, the animal had managed to get closer to her but she regained some of her strength and managed to reach the edge of the cliff. She looked down, assuming the snow would be fresh and high enough for her to survive the fall, Missy takes a final glance at the animal and drops herself along with her wheelchair from the peak, the mammoth braked itself before it also suffered the same safe as the girl, assuming she passed, it simply walked away as if nothing happened.

The wheelchair landed on what appeared to be a solid floor, and Missy was nowhere to be seen. Her body was buried in the snow, luckily her head sprang up. To her surprise, the snow cushioned her fall and her theory was proved right. Missy crawled out of the drowning snow and sat herself up on her damaged chair, to her luck she had also found the airfield.

Instants before the cargo plane took off, Missy boarded the plane and will presumably reunite with her sister and their savior, now bringing everyone to a common and mutual point of interest, the place this whole journey will lead to.