Birthday

Sorry for not updating in a hot minute. I'm publishing a book and I'm really busy with that.

Warnings: kissing, sex.

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎

"Y/N, baby, wake up. N/N, cmonnn."

Each one of my senses dully sparked to life as an intake of oxygen made me stretch my arms over my head in my bed. Slow blobs of brightness winked and blurred into my field of vision as the image of my dark room bled into a comprehensible sight, but the hazy lights of nearby nightlights and streetlights that began to flicker out as the hours of night began to retreat back into the early morning. My E/C eyes slid from object to shadow, from window to door, taking in all of my then familiar surroundings as I began to steadily gather memories of last night in the palms of my hands.

Two opened but empty cans of coke sat beside my desk lamp as the half eaten box of chocolate cake from a nearby bakery complemented the faint memory of my boyfriend and I stuffing our faces with sugar before our bodies hit the dust. An untidy bedroom filled with dirty mountains of clothes and trash like it was a waste field but teen sized surrounding my occupied bed. Then, two pairs of shirts and shorts varying in sizes and styles resting beneath the nightstand. I had quickly come to the conclusion that Aidan and I didn't last for very long after he decided to stumble through the bedroom door after late night college classes with a grocery bag in hand. The night was pretty simplistic when it came to  four brief terms: eat, chat, make out, sleep. Not like we came up with our own slogan and not like we repeated the tradition every time he came home from classes each night.

A beating rush of the fan's wooden arms threw chill air onto the bare skin of my body, and a wave of the shocking realization that I was freezing racked my bones with vigorous shakes. I hastily pulled my blanket up over my shoulders, and burrowed my nose into the fluffy dream. But, my other source of heat began to softly laugh; his chest that was pressed up my back made me shake by the movement of it. Scratching sensations raked down my broad arms and arching hills of my shoulders and spine in an attempt to soothe me into a waking point. But, as always, I leaned into his daily morning scratches with a sigh and most definitely did not open my eyes after.

A breath was taken onto the cool skin of my neck, and my toes curled when open kisses were brushed on the lines of it and making their way up to my jawline while his nails began heading south. "I know you're awake," his silk-like voice spoke in a muted tone. I internally groaned at his action of calling me out for my sleepily pulled off charade of pretending that I was still in the deep slumber he pulled me out of. I pulled the blanket over my head. "I saw your eyes open."

I deeply inhaled the morning air of my room, and tried reeling in any bursts of energy my lazy self could have mustered. When my limbs gathered a rush of awakeness, I let my eyelids fall shut once again and shuffled around in my spot to embrace the warmth of Aidan's body fully. My nose nuzzled deep into the dip between his throat and his jaw, and I huffed with a childish pout. "I don't care," I grumbled through the thickness of my fatigue. I honestly really didn't. My eyes weren't gonna be opened for much longer.

"You don't care about anything when you're tired, do you Y/N?" he quietly chuckled into the mass of my H/C hair, giving my hairline a chaste peck.

"No."

A sigh against my head made me crack a small smile. "So you don't care that it's gonna be a big day for you?" he wondered when I slid an arm over his hips.

Uh, of course I did. Why wouldn't I care? The fact that nineteen years ago was the exact day when I was born held much meaning to me, and if I dismissed it absentmindedly without another thought, my family would've given me absolute Hell for it. Unread text messages, missed calls, unopened packages that formed a mountain up to touch the fucking ceiling that had notes on them reading "Happy Birthday, my beautiful boy! I wish you tons of happiness and blah blah blah blah blah - Mama :)".