Riri's Appa || 06

"aera, come back. we'll go home now." yoongi calls, standing up from the bench where he had taken a seat an hour ago, watching the group of children playing which included aera too.

the smile on his lips on seeing the little girl running towards him is replaced with a worried  look when she stumbles on a stone and falls down. he takes a few fast steps forward, crouching down near the girl while she groans in pain, sitting up slowly, staring at her hands and then at her right knee.

"ouch..." she says after a while, making yoongi chuckle. however he quietens down instantly on seeing aera pouting at him with a hurt look.

"i'm not laughing." he pats her head, assuring her, "riri's a strong girl, come on get up."

"no, it hurts." she mumbles, "there's blood, oppa. ouch!"

"it's not that bad. let's go home, we'll put a bandaid on it okay?"

"up" her lips mumble, puckering the lower one out as she reaches out for yoongi, leaning forward so he would carry her.

"you don't wanna walk?"

aera shakes her head, showing her injured knee and hands while eyes almost emitting radiations to compel him and get him to agree to her wish. yoongi sighs and nods gradually, taking her in his arms and stands up. the girl giggles instantly, wrapping her legs around his waist and rests her head on his shoulder.

"riri's growing up," yoongi says, patting her bottom playfully and leans near her face, kissing her cheek.

"no, you're carrying me. means i'm small."

"ah is that how it works?" he laughs, walking to the side as the girl nods.

she giggles not letting go of him even when he leans down to let her stand on the ground, "what are you doing?" he chuckles, being forced to kneel down in front of her, matching the height, finally making the girl happy.

"can i ask you one question?" she asks, showing her index finger that indicates one.

yoongi nods, waiting for her to go ahead as he stares at her in anticipation. his hands automatically make their way up, wrapping around the kid's small waist, and the other resting on her back as she smiles at him, showing a toothy smile and steps closer to him to ask, "will you be my appa?"

there's silence for a moment from the elder's side as he forces himself to believe that he actually heard what he heard. he stares at the young girl, smiling hopefully yet nonchalantly which reminds him that she's just a child and probably doesn't even understand what she's saying.

"what happened?" aera shakes his arm, "will you be my appa?"

"i... you want me to be your appa ?" hesitation and confusion is all that coats yoongi's voice when he speaks it in words.

"yes," the girl nods.

"but- uh why?"

"because you're nice. you take care of me, and you love me, take me for a drive and cook for me, and play with me, go to the park and school. you call me baby and princess and kiddo, and you scold e'ryone if they being bad with riri... you're appa!" she smiles at him, "my teacher said, that's what appa do. she said we have to write ten lines on our appa, and i asked what to write. so she said just think about the person who does all that, an-and i thought of you! so you're my appa, right?"

yoongi nibbles on his lower lip, staring down at the ground as he thinks about it too, realising aera was right. he does love her like his own child, he does everything for aera that a father would do for their child. moreover he knew he would go out of his way for this little one just to see her smile and be happy no matter what.