𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐞𝐲𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐭

╰─▸ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐞𝐲𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭.

Honey.

That's what she saw when she met his eyes across Slughorn's class. They were sparkling and melting honey combs. Warm. Kind. Sweet. She only wished she could drown herself in them.

Slughorn's voice echoed in the background along with the bumbling of the cauldron in front of her. White noise. She paid no attention to them.

An elbow dug into her ribs brought her back to the present. Frowning, she turned to her friend, who just pointed her head subtly to the professor.

"Miss L/N, can you tell us what you smell from this cauldron?"

She gulped down the lump that was settling in her throat and took a few steps to the front of the class. Y/N could still feel his eyes on her, burning holes into her back. She took a whiff of the potion in front of her. Aromas embraced her and she suddenly felt lightheaded. She took a step back, clutching her robes in fists. "I smell parchment, chocolate and... honey."

Slughorn clapped, smiling. "And can you tell me which potion it is?"

She opened her mouth to reply, but she quickly closed it, shaking her head.

"Yes, mister Lupin?"

She turned her head to where the honey eyed boy was sitting and felt her insides warm up. He was slowly lowering his hand, clearing his throat. "It's Amortentia. Although, it's a love potion, it can't induce true love, just infatuation. Its smell is different to everyone, according to what attracts them."

Slughorn's face lit up, once again. "Very good, mister Lupin! Ten points to Gryffindor!"

Remus' eyes panned to hers, once again, and she felt her face burn.

"Please, miss L/N, you can go back to your seat."

And she did, feeling his lingering gaze on her all the way to the desk and throughout the whole class.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The Great Hall was bustling with chatter and laughter. The light came through the tall windows, painting the room in a low glow. There were owls delivering mail, dropping them from the air. The Daily Prophet plunged straight in Remus' mashed potatoes with a splash, small droplets sticking to his face and hands. "Great." he muttered. After wiping away the food from his skin, he picked up the newspaper and started flipping through it. Something about dark forces rising were written in ink. Feeling a pair of eyes on him, Remus looked up from the pages.