Chapter 13:

"Do you think she will like me?" I heard her ask. She's been anxious since we arrived and I can't help but smile.

I cup her face and give her a soft peck on the lips. "You're wonderful person baby and i know Tina will like you— let's go? They're probably waiting"

She heave a deep breath before accepting my hand.

"I'm nervous"

"Don't be, I'm here with you" i said and give her hand a soft kiss to give her assurance that everything will be ok.

When we arrived at the resto where Tina reserve a table for four, i felt Charlotte's grip tightened.

My best friend and her fiancé is already waiting for us and when she saw me, she wave her hand and immediately stood up. She excitedly rush towards us and when i open my arms to welcome her warm embrace, my smile turn into a frown when she welcomed Charlotte with a tight hug instead of me.

"Wow" i frown. And that's when the moment Tina noticed me.

She smile and give me the warmest hug she could give. "stop pouting you look like a duck— Charlotte babe, im really happy to finally met you! this girl her told me so much about you" she held her hand and i can say that Charlotte finally feel at ease. "Come, i will introduce you to my fiancé" she dragged her towards the table where The equally pretty girl is standing while waiting for us.

"Love, this is my bestfriend, engfa— and her girlfriend Charlotte. Guys— this jaed, the love of my life" she said as she clung her arms on the tall girl who blush hard because of Tina's sweetness.

"Finally! We've met" i said as we shook hands. jaed smiled at me as a response and gesture us to have seat.

"Charlotte, im so sorry, i know you're tired from a long travel but im too excited to meet you and of course my best friend here" she held Charlotte's hand on top of the table and give it a light squeeze.

"its ok, like I'm also excited to meet you, though im kind of nervous" she chuckled but I held her hand under the table. I know she is shy and i want to assure her that im here beside her.

"Haha don't be. I don't bite— you're like jaed, She's too excited to meet my best friend but at the same time nervous"

"Love, you're embarrassing me" jaed complain scratching her nape.

"Get use to it, that's how she show her love to you" i said and i gain a dagger look from the beautiful Tina.

"Anyways, why don't we take our orders already?"

The dinner went well. Im so happy that Charlotte finally feel at ease. Tina and her talk a lot from what romantic novel that they happened to both read to dishes they like to cook. While me and jaed happened to enjoy talking about business. She's into interior designing and maybe that the reason why we jive as well.

Then our topic went to tomorrow evenings event.

"P'fa..i know you will not appreciate it but consider this a gift to me" she started, and I knew that tone. I know she'll ask something that will be against my will.

"I don't like your tone, Tina"

"Haha well, whether you like it or not. You have to agree with me bcz tomorrow is my wedding" she said and looked at Charlotte then continue. "She'll stay with me tonight, until tomorrow evening"

"What?"

"You heard me right engfa. Dont make me repeat" she rolled her eyes in annoyance but smile at Charlotte the moment her eyes met hers. Her duality is sometimes scary.