Collaboration

Every person has their Trigger, in fact, every person has the right to have a trigger that other people should avoid. Maybe there should even be a rule about stating your trigger when introducing yourself so that people can avoid setting it off.

If Iori had to choose one, her trigger would be 'someone disturbing her plans'. Maybe she's making a big deal out of this, but, receiving a text from the president of her publishing company at 6 AM on a Saturday stating that they had an important meeting in less than two hours and that she should present herself at the company or there would be trouble with her contract. Well, if that doesn't trigger her anger, what would?

Since this morning her mind had been tirelessly looking up ways to change humanity by infiltrating a ridiculous rule into their daily lives, just to avoid the murder ideas that keep whispering in her mind seductively. Funny how her single-minded publisher doesn't even have to try in order to give her inspiration.

The humming of the small engine cut down, and she was engulfed in the parking lot's silence. Steeling her nerves she got out of her car and was heading toward the elevator when a black sports car noisily penetrated the place zooming and parking beside her mini car in a frenzy of noises. Not wanting to wait to see who got off the vehicle she resumed heading her way. Judging by her lack of luck since this morning, the person who owns this car is definitely someone she didn't wish to meet.

"If it isn't Iori-Sensei? What are you doing here this early on a Saturday?" a low male voice she recognized spoke from close behind her, closer than she'd expected since she didn't hear him approach.

"Jun-sensei, good morning" She responded not bothering to look back. Her whole focus was on stopping her body's involuntary reaction to recoil away from him and stand against the wall where no one will surprise her from behind. "I should be the one asking you this question, seeing you awake at this time on weekdays is shocking enough, let alone on the weekends..."

"Well, sometimes work doesn't give you a choice." He responded in an almost melodic tone as if he was enjoying the daylight out of this conversation. He came up to walk beside her giving her a bright smile. The handsome young man beside her with natural charm and a good-looking face that often made him more famous than any writer could become with his work alone was standing beside her at an annoyingly close proximity.

'ugh, I really wish he would just disappear.' she thought to herself

"How's your next book coming up? I heard your last one was a huge success as usual," He asked oblivious to her train of thoughts.

"I Haven't decided on the new theme yet. As for my last one, I guess I should be grateful to my loyal readers, it's all thanks to them that I can continue doing what I love for a living," she responded wishing that the elevator would just open since she'd missed her chance at climbing the stairs instead of riding the elevator with him the moment he spoke to her. She may not like the guy, but she wasn't rude enough to do something like that, he parents raised her way better than that.

Iori was organizing her sneaking away attack when Jun Kamioki stood in front of her, looking at her with his overly friendly smile,

"Is it about one of your how to kill Manuel books, I'm still surprised this kind of book didn't get banned yet..." he said his tone light and breezy, smiling at her as if he was having tea with her at the queen's parlor.

"Well your manual about killing people, is called a mystery novel. Where we use logic, power of deduction, and intelligence to reach the truth. Unlike some story about how a silly and close-minded high school girl got her first love experience..."

"as always you still have the same sharp cold tongue."

"and you still have your impertinent and annoyingly show-off playboy attitude..."