The Party

"Welcome everyone to the Depart-y! I'm Gina Porter, your choreographer and dance club captain for the past year, and the next 2! As a great way to kick off this Semester; food, mock tails, and juices will be served upon request at the bar, and feel free to openly enjoy the pool and hot tub!" Gina exclaims to a crowd of students. Her and the student musical director, Cody Saperstien, are holding microphones and standing on a round lit-up stage. "Enjoy tonight everyone!" Cody says, and they both run off the stage. Gina runs over to EJ, and pulls him aside to an area behind the bar. "No matter what is going on, let's try to have fun tonight, ok?" Gina whispers to him. "Yeah. We will! Love you so much, G" He whispers back, then kissing her on the lips. Gina dives further into the kiss, and they don't even notice Jett staring at them. "Babe, I just witnessed that one couple French kissing.." he told Ricky. "Sweetie, chill. I know you hate the straight." He joked. "NOT funny.." Jett said sarcastically to Ricky, and they both chuckled.
Kourtney and Carlos go to the bar to get some snacks, where they meet Seb, Carlos's long-distance boyfriend. They finally met each other during the boat tour earlier. Hey guys!" Seb exclaims. Carlos kneels down to kiss him. "This is Sebby." He says to Kourtney. "Hey hey! Looving the eyeliner babe!" She exclaims to him. "Aww thank you!" Seb replies. "Are you two planning to audition?" Kourtney says. "We both are. I told him he's totally getting flounder, but he doesn't believe me." Carlos says, giggling. "Ahem, look at me. I literally can't swim!" Seb argues jokingly. Kourtney is laughing like crazy. "Alright. You two have fun." She says through her laughs, and walks off to the hot tub cracking up.
Gina and the dance team all group up by the water slide. "Sorry for the impromptu meeting. But I have an idea, and I talked to Cody about it and he is all over it!" She says to the group. The members start getting excited, with Oohs and Ahhs. "There are 6 of us, and Ariel has 6 sisters. We were thinking we could play all of them, which would really step those roles up a notch. I know we are all triple threats, and the addition of advanced dance sections would take our musical to the next level for the Menkies. This could be a really bad idea, so if there are any takers, say so now!!" She says, out of breath. The members look at each other, then squeal of happiness. They put their hands together, then do their group chant. "Purple Peacocks for the crown, sway those feathers all around!" They shout. "Wait, who gets what girl?" A member asks. "We'll audition together, and let Cody decide that at auditions." Gina says to them.
"You excited for auditions tomorrow?" Ashlyn says, eating the cherries out of a Shirley Temple. "Yeah. I've never played anything but a supporting role actually. I'm auditioning for Ariel, but I'm hoping for like, at least a seahorse? Let's be real, I'm no Ariel." Maddox says, getting a little self conscious. "I'm auditioning for her too! I was Simba in the Lion King, so I'm ready." Ashlyn says with lots of confidence. "I'm gonna grab dinner at the bar, want to join me?" Ashlyn says sweetly. Maddox looks into her face. What kind of demon would she be to say no? Ashlyn was literally a golden retriever with red hair. Maddox stopped, distracted by some sort of, feelings, sweet feelings. Feelings that she hadn't felt for a while. "It's alright if not, are you with us?" Ashlyn mentions, Maddox shaking her head and realizing. "Yeah! Let's go." She says. The words Ashlyn said earlier bounce back into her head. What did she just agree to?
       Ricky and Jet are sitting it the hot tub. Jet on Ricky's lap. "What are you thinking to audition for?" Jet says, turning around to face him. "Honestly, I've been the lead for 2 years in a row. A break wouldn't be a bad idea. Maybe like... Scuttle?" Ricky replies. "You have the hair." Jet says, jokingly. Ricky looks at his soft cheeks, not even remembering what Jet had just said. He puts his hands in his wet, curly hair and kisses him on the cheek. Jet smirks, than takes some water and splashes Ricky a little. Ricky throws Jet into the tub, and they get into a mini splash fight.
           EJ and Gina are in the pool, doing underwater flips and EJ (failing) to do Gina's acro moves. "You are so bad at this, it's hilarious." She giggles. EJ smiles, then they gaze at each other. They lean in for a kiss. Gina blushes, and giggles. They go into a long hug. Then, EJ says, "Congrats on getting Adella." Gina looks up at him, stunned. Than,  she realizes. "Ohhh, I get it. Boy crazy..." she jokes, and then they both giggle. "Imagine if I actually get her!" She exclaims.
      "I'll have the Radish Tartine." Ashlyn tells the waiter. "And you miss?" The waiter asks Maddox. Maddox takes a glance at the menu that she had forgotten to look at. "The Egg Salad." She blurts out. If it tasted like anything the one her parents made, she wouldn't be against having a bite.