I - Modern Sleeping Beauty

Third

Theo thought today will be just another day.
Gigising ng maaga, maliligo, papasok ng school. His expectations will be ruined later on.

He raised his head after taking a nap. Glancing through his seat, he saw an empty table in the front. He's always expecting her Charles & Keith bag to occupy. Yet the introvert guy with a face of innocence gazed through his classmates. Unlike him, they didn't give a damn and was playfully minding their own business.

They looked more happy as this is a sign there won't be any lecture for today. Usually, at the time like this. Nagtuturo na dapat ang propesor nila but he's surprised to know she couldn't come to the class. He wonders what might be the reason.

His anxiety swallowed him whole. Theo is in his final year, and throughout those years since his freshmen days, she was never late nor forget her announcements. This is new.. as he'd been eyeing and observing her since day one. Even those little details of her. He knew something isn't right.

"How long she had been sleeping here?" His feet led him to the hospital. He had no hesitation. He rushed and was the first student who came to visit to her. Humihingal pa itong napahawak sa hospital bed.

The doctor says, his lady professor Mich, fell into a deep coma.

The look on his face is beyond words. It did greatly affect him.

Hindi pa makapagbigay ng full details ang doctor since upon checking her vital signs and previous health records, she isn't suffering to any illness. Her X-ray results were all cleared too. There were no sign of stroke and or even brain aneurysm. She's healthy and an accident also didn't cause it to happen. It's a weird case.

"Her neighbor informed us since she's living alone. They went to knock on her door every since then, to order a mineral water, because she's known to have a water refilling business. Good thing, they're alert knowing she's not responding at all."

It made him arched his eyebrow. "At what rate her chances of waking up?" The doctor kept a straight face. Even him couldn't tell.

"Young man," The doctor tapped his shoulder. "You have a bright future ahead of you. And she must have been a good educator.. we're doing the best we can." it was an indirect answer. Yet an obvious one.

The doctor gave him personal time and shut the door. He's still processing what happened. Ang bilis.. everything went too fast for him. He thought it will be just a normal day for him. As usual, an ordinary day with his role model. His inspiration.

It took him to the edge. He promised he'll do well and finish his degree. Theo is a psych student, going on for his final year, once he graduated, he'll take a different path, go to med and find a cure for her.

Originally, his plan was to become a psychologist.

Napayuko siya. He's too damn devastated. Anything for her.. anything for her. He whispered sobbing.

Another student came expecting him to see here.

"Dude, I know she's hot but she's like ten years older than you. Give it up." Theo didn't mind him, Eunwoo's always been like this. He don't treat everyone seriously even his own relationship, he's not expecting wise words from this guy. Even if he's his only friend.