EPISODE 1

The room was dark, hot and the sound coming from the laptop on the reading desk made it even more creepy. Ashley loves the sound of nature so she doesn’t freak out like most of us did even when it’s dark. There was a faint light, it was her cellphone’s flashlight  close to her bed, I think something had covered it and couldn’t produce much light as expected. It wasn’t clear what she was doing but in no time, the flick of an igniter was heard. Now everything looked a little bit clearer, there was a stick of cigarette in Ashley’s hand, she lit it and everything went dark again, just a little light from the cigarette. She puffed it and smiled to herself, she inhaled some of the smoke billows and laughed.“Oh God!” she muttered as she bit her lower lip.

ASHLEY’S POV
This was one of my favorite things to do… well, it was the only thing I could do apart from being a model, I only try to juggle lifestyles just like every other girl.My mom? She hates me and everything I do, though she literally does everything possible to make me stop taking shit but I take more than I should just to make her stay away and yes! It worked but this time, I don’t think it did.

...

Karen Jones opened the door and walked in searching for the switch, she turned the lights on, she was wearing a nose mask, she turned around to see Ashley sitting on her bed with a look of curiosity in her eyes. No cigarette, no smoke, no drugs anywhere.Karen stared at her suspiciously as she walked towards her, pulling the mask down.“what’s going on here?” She halts to check behind the drawer, she took a quick look at her again.“Hey mom, looking for something?” Ashley asked.“Ashley… where are you hiding it?” staring at her.“Hiding what?” looking at her surprisingly.Karen walked up to her as she holds her hand roughly.“I know you’ve been smoking, where is the damn pack?” she yelled, pulling her out of the bed.“What the fuck are you talking about?” following her as well.Karen gets to the middle of the room and stopped, she turned to face Ashley.“I know you, Ashley, you will never get to stop until you die” She stared at her angrily. “Where are the drugs?” Spreading her palms open.Ashley stared at her mother for a while, she saw the anger, disappointment, frustration and brokenness in her but she wasn’t going to let the cat out of the bag. She blinks continuously “I don’t know what you’re talking about” She whispered as she wanted to walk away when Karen holds her back and slaps her.“Mom!” Ashley screams and holds her face, tears had gathered in her eyes.Karen looked down and up again, tears ran down her cheeks as she sniffed most of the time, she starts pacing around.“Look, that wasn’t me!” she held her head. “I have never done that before, have I, no?” She sighs as she went to sit on the bed. “You caused this, you let this happen, you’re not the daughter I raised, you’re looking bad, I swear and this is not what I want for you, Ashley!” she cried, holding her head.“Hasn’t it been all about you?” She was already crying. “Hasn’t your only concern been Jesse? You call him Love, Sweet and everything that would have been mine were all given to him and you still want me to drop the only thing that has kept me going?” she cried as she bit her lower lip.Karen stared at her as she got up and walked up to her.“Ashley, you know I loved you and your brother equally, you ruined it all…”“No, you did! You subjected me to pains and hardship for some Goddamn reason I fucking know nothing about!” She yelled as she cried more.Karen held her face as she smiled with tears in her eyes. “I loved you Ashley…” Staring at her in the eyes. “But you’re one stupid and dirty drug addict I never gave birth to…” Tears keep flowing down her face, she laughed. “You’ve been a disappointment to I and your father since you were born” Walking around her. “Tell me, of what use are you to me then?” She halted in front of her and smiled again touching her face as she whispered. “You’ll be fine, Ashley! Just do better” She smiled at her.

ASHLEY’S POV
I stared at my mother with tears in my eyes, I just couldn’t figure out what was wrong that would make her hate me like that, not just drugs, something else, I guess!…Ashley hurriedly walked up to her bed, picked up her phone and earphones and walked out through the door leaving Karen who just stood there staring into space.

...

SASHA GREY'S APARTMENT
The TV is on, the sound of running water was heard as well when a knock came in at the door. There was no answer but the knock came again. The running tap stopped running and there were footsteps coming from the kitchen, a figure appeared behind the door and turned it’s knob.Sasha grey smiled widely on seeing Ashley and spread her arms for a warm embrace but Ashley just walked past her into the house.Sasha frowned and turned to look at her “Okay… Weird!” she said closing the door. she walked towards Ashley and stopped in front of her.“What’d she do today?” Folding her arms.Ashley stared at her and looked down.Sasha groaned as she clapped her hands. “Okay, get up now!” Pulling her up. “Let’s go have some fun upstairs, probably that would cool you off!”  Dragging her away.…

...

THE HARPER'S APARTMENT

Zoey harper dipped her hand into the bag of chips as she pulls out a handful and stuffed into her mouth. She was reading a novel as the words in it seem to look bold from her glasses.Her sister, Grace Harper appeared from nowhere, humming a song as she picked up the bag of chips.“Hey!” Zoey exclaimed almost yanking it away from her. Grace sat down close to Zoey as she dropped the chips back on the table but started eating from it.“Hey, what are you doing?” Chewing the chips.Zoey rolled her eyes. “Uh… I’m reading?”“Yeah, I know that!” Adjusting her buttocks on the chair. “You aren’t going to Prom night, are you?” she asked as she narrowed her eyes.“No!” she said almost immediately amidst the chips in her mouth.Grace smiled as she frowned again “I knew you were gonna say that but then, Jaden is attending too” she smiled widely.“I’m still not going, I need you to help me solve my math homework” she blinked.“And… you think I’m gonna do that?”“I know you’re gonna! I actually have some school work to attend to so I was thinking you would help me do that while I do other stuff so…?” Picking up a set of books and dumping it on her. “There, they are!” she smiled at her and continued reading.“Seriously?” She got up and walked outside the room.Zoey smiled as Grace showed up again and quickly snatched the chips and off she went, laughing!“What the hell did you do that for?” Zoey said, laughing too.