01 | movie nights with you

lorelai gilmore walked across the familiar sidewalks of stars hollow. well, more like skipped. she hummed her favorite song in that very moment—walking on sunshine by katrina and the waves. she held bags in her hand from her previous shopping spree, and wore her hair up in that hairstyle michel liked so much. so far, life was good to her.

she didn't know where she was going, but she might've just have gone to luke's since she had nowhere else to go. it was the weekend, and even though the dragonfly was opened on the weekend, from what she could remember, there weren't too many people checking in or checking out.

so when she spotted the famous luke's diner sign at the top of the old william's hardware shop, she looked into the window and smiled once she saw who was there. he smiled back, she gave a wave, then entered through the door she probably opened more than the door to her own home.

"i'm walkin' on sunshine, baby!" lorelai said as a grand entrance. the customers didn't bother looking up to see who it was. they already knew that it couldn't possibly be anybody else except the lorelai gilmore.

luke went up to her and gave her a peck on the lips. she did the same, hugging him tightly before they actually let go and before luke could return to his job.

"you're in a mood today." he noticed, wiping down the counter and then flipping the towel over his shoulder afterwards. he wore his signature blue hat and a plaid shirt. lorelai thought it was adorable.

she jumped up and down excitedly and then took a seat.

"i am. i am!" she cried, putting the large shopping bags she had on top of the counter. she found a small black bag inside one of the larger ones and rummaged around, looking for something. she stuck her tongue out in concentration.

"ugh. if i can find it. hello? are you in there?" she said, her hand moving frantically through the black bag in search of the item that apparently made her 'walk on sunshine'. luke smiled, his arms crossed at the sight of it. she was annoying but it was also cute sometimes.

"aha!" she exclaimed, lifting the item up in the air for the whole world to see. "i found it!"

luke tilted his head and furrowed his eyebrows, trying to read what it said.

"it's...footloose 1984?" he read the title. what she was holding up was a movie she had bought somewhere in stars hollow. he didn't care where. he barely ever went anywhere except for luke's and doose's market. occasionally the movie theater if lorelai bugged him to watch something with her. most of the time they were the reruns of sixteen candles or all about eve.

she nodded excitedly, putting it on the counter and pointing her hand at him accusingly.

"you have not lived if you've never watched footloose 1984 before! we're watching this tonight, luke. i have memorized every song to this thing and i can even do one of the dances. want me to show you?" but she didn't let him respond.

lorelai got up and clapped her hands together.

"a five, six, seven, eight!" then she danced to one of the songs of let's hear it for the boy. she pretended to hold a cane and danced around the diner while she sang the song with an '80's accent.

she spun around then lifted her hands in the air when she was finished.

"you like?" she said with her eyebrows raised. luke clapped his hands and nodded.

"i mean, do you even need coffee?" he was still clapping his hands when he said this. she gave him a look and he looked at her back with a confused one.

"do you know me? i'm lorelai gilmore. that practically has coffee in the name." she exclaimed, getting a mug from the counter and pushing it over to him so that he could pour her a cup of the world's most strongest coffee known to man.