Late Night Thoughts

Liam's P.O.V

'Bryce has decided to not go on to the next challenge until Lantern's leg is doing considerably better because the next challenge involves running. He's also after installating a day and night cycle to the Plane along with some clouds and is working on getting some housing of some sort down here for the contestants and myself. I think he's also trying to get food and water down here for them too, I'll probably be the one bringing them in because we both know how much sh*t I can carry.'

'I was also thinking of the conversation that they had earlier about those humans. It reminded me of when me and Bryce first met.'

'We had both met in what I like to call "The Waiting Room". From what I've learned is that it appears different to everyone or maybe almost everyone. To me it looks like an endless yellow and pinkish void with two arm chairs that were separated by a table. There was a radio on the table. The version that Bryce saw was his neighbourhood and he said that he saw his older sister too. The only reason why we were there was because we both died and coincidentally on the same day aswell, although he was there before me.'

'The radio in this room was something special, it had tons of numbers on it and when you had put a number in it and pulled up the antenna, it brought you to a whole other place! We found it interesting. We messed with the radio hundreds of times, we wanted to get out of here and possibly home too. I don't remember what home was like but that's not the point right now. The point is this radio took us to many places, some interesting and some dangerous. The only way back to The Waiting Room was to die again and in many situations that's what happened to us. It hurt the first time and it still hurt the last. We barely stayed in any of these places for less that 10 minutes. Except for one. The Human World.'

'We were basically tiny there and we couldn't find anything to use on ourselves to get back. I thought that we'd be stuck here but Bryce...he was brave in this situation for his age. He said that he'd find a way to get us back and he did, granted that it took about 5 days or something and the fact the we were caught by humans on multiple occasions but we made it back. Then we put our last ever code into that radio.'

'4837895641361081574867455100523523993246453827549716928.3.'

'I wrote down this number like all the others because you never know if you would need it and it turns out that this forest would be where we would settle for a decade.'

'Me and Bryce grew closer over those ten years and kind of became a thing but those ten years would have been boring if it wasn't for that computer. We found it when we first arrived but I always wondered why it was in a cave and who put it here? Why were there planets around it? I still don't know but we couldn't help ourselves.'

'These batches of contestants are actually season two of ONE. We made a season before it but it didn't.....end well. We didn't know what we were doing and so we continued throughout those years testing and preparing for this season and I think we are doing alright so far, apart from Lantern breaking his leg that is. I hope this season doesn't go to sh*t but you can't tell the future.'

'I don't think that I can continue these thoughts any longer now, one of those contestants is approaching me. Can't a guy lay down on the Plane in peace?'

Nail: Hey...

'Might as well get up and talk to him.'

Backpack sits up and faces Nail.

Backpack: Alright, what do you want?

Nail: I just wanted to talk to you and see if you're okay.

Backpack: Really?

Nail: Well judging by your attitude, you don't want me here.

'He's right, I don't but will he leave me alone if I say so?'

Backpack: You're right, I don't. Leave maybe?

Nail: C'mon man, you seem lonely and I just wanna talk to you.

Backpack: For f**ks sake, FINE.

Nail: Thank you.

Backpack: Only because you probably won't leave me alone otherwise.

There's silence among the two.

'He wanted to talk and now he won't say anything, is he- IS HE F***ING SERIOUS?*

Nail: Soooo...how come we can't use our real names here?

Backpack: Like I said before, it makes it easier to remember. I'm not going to juggle around eleven f***ing names.

Nail: ...

'He's silent again, he can't be upset because of that....f**ks sake...'

Backpack: *Sigh* You can use them all you want, I honestly don't give two sh*ts but I'll be using the new ones.

Nail: Oh, can I tell you mine then?

'He really doesn't shut up. It's annoying but I just want this over with. I should probably talk to Bryce about being taken out during the night cycle, I'm sure the contestants would be fine being unsupervised. Right?'

Backpack: I don't care.

Nail: Well it's Owen. What about yourself? Hmm?

Backpack: Why would I tell you?

Owen: I told you mine.

Backpack: Which you didn't have to do, this wasn't a deal or anything.

Owen sighs. There is a thought going through his head. He wanted to know who Backpack was and why he was so familiar to him. He wanted to get info from him but he probably just wouldn't budge tonight and he also didn't seem to be in the mood for talking.

Owen: I'm gonna go now. Goodnight man.

Backpack didn't respond and Owen just walked away.

'Owen huh? That seems oddly familiar to me. Owen...Owen...wait, he was one of my old friends!? It's all coming back, I remember. That's him. I think he's suspicious of me though. I don't think he should know who I am. He shouldn't know I'm Liam Plecak, his old teenage friend. Would he know it's me? I've been "dead"  for ten years now, he's always been smart though and if he figured out, he'd want answers. Ugh! I don't want to think about it. I want to forget I thought of ANY of this. God knows what time it is, I should go to sleep.'