Chapter 7 - The Showdown

"So, what's the plan?" asked Ambi.

"Isn't it obvious? We go in, kick some robot, Avem and Spell butt, then head on home for the day!"
"That's not a plan, you idiot!"

"Well, excuuuuuuse me, princess."

As it stands, the three of us are travelling to Avem's base. We had a feeling that Spell would target him first, since Avem clearly wants to rule the world as the leader of humanity or something idiotic like that, so Alex is driving us there in a truck. Currently, they and Ambi are arguing in the cabin because they can't work out a plan of attack, whereas I'm in the cargo space using Mutator to create a massive amount of metal arrows, swords and any other weapons we could need for this upcoming fight. It's quite easy to predict how Avem will fight and subsequently how to defeat him, but defeating Spell will be a lot harder. I've only fought against her once, and she could have any number of skills up her sleeve. If I can't find a way to use my skills in an unexpected way in our fight, then she'll almost certainly defeat us and kill everyone.

As my mind becomes clouded with uncertainty at our chances of winning, Alex calls me back to reality.

"Tiffko, you got everything sorted back there?"

"Yeah, I just finished up."

"I'm assuming you have a plan, unlike this monkey?"

"Hey! I'm not a monkey - if anything, I'm a platypus."

"Quit it with the comedy act, you two. I have a plan, although it's not guaranteed to work."

"Let's hear it!"

"Yeah, spill the tea!"

"Alex, I need you to deal with the majority of Avem's robots. If you can, I also want you to find Greg and Mary, alongside any other hostages Avem might have, and have them help you take down the robots. Ambi will come with me to find Avem and Spell, and Ambi will deal with the former while I take on Spell."

"You're going to take her on alone?! Are you crazy?!"

"I'm the only one of us who can take her on. And even if we did take her on together, that'd leave Avem free to do anything he wanted - getting rid of that contingency straight away is for the best."

"Fine, just be careful Tiffko."

"Yeah, and you'd better take us out for a meal once this is over, ya hear?"

"Sure, a proper meal with just the three of us after this would be nice."

"We're here. Do you want me to let you two get out?"

"That won't be necessary. Ambi, open your door, stand up and hold out your hand."

"Okay?"

Using Mutator to create a door in the side of the cargo space, I quickly went through it to reach the outside of the truck. The wind rushed against me, blowing through my long hair and obscuring parts of my vision. I hurriedly changed my outfit to include a hood, which helped to block the wind and covered up my new cat ears. However, it did nothing to combat the sound of the wind, which only grew louder after this new addition to my hearing. Carefully moving along the side of the truck, I grabbed Ambi's hand and jumped out of the truck with her.

"Eeeeeek!!!!"

"TIFFKO?!?!"

Ignoring the dazed and confused voices of my friends, me and Ambi continued to move towards the ground, as Alex continued to drive further ahead. Just before we hit the ground, I created a springy barrier in the air, which launched us into the sky. Then, I created a firm barrier for us to land on, before jumping again. I created more firm barriers beneath our feet, and springy barriers if we got too close to the ground. Before long, Ambi understood what I was doing, and started smiling while jumping with me onto the next barrier. By this point, Alex was out of sight, but we were still able to communicate just fine via microphones that I made for each of us.