office

✯¸

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

YOU sighed hopelessly into your hands, feet hammering rapidly into the concrete below you. you forced your eyed shut as you felt wild tears forming in your sore eyes.

please not today. please.

you sucked your lower lip into your mouth, biting down on it to avert the pain to your lip, away from your bitter thoughts. the pain was numbed compared to the way your sour heart ached. you were so fucking stupid for letting this happen.

suspiciously, you eyed the chunky work phone in your peripheral vision, squinting through your glassy eyes. you reluctantly lifted your hand to dial your assistant's number, a decision you knew you weren't going to regret.

the phone chimed in a happy-sounding tone.

"hello ms l/n! do you need coffee?- wait no- tea? hold on...we ran out! i'll go to the store! hold on ms!" your bouncy assistant chirped, his smile obvious through his voice.

"no, shoyo, please. can you come in here? i need advice." you groaned at the fact you were two years his superior, yet constantly asking for advice.

"oh! sure... i'll bring cookies," shoyo was way too happy on a tuesday morning, but his enthusiasm broke through your.. gloominess.

the minute between the call ending and shoyo arriving was almost fatal, the clock's ticks grew painstakingly louder, the steps outside your office pounding on the solid concrete increased for some reason— or was that the pounding in your head?

"hello ms!" shoyo beamed as he nudged the door open with his hip.

"oh i love you so much darling, come here," you acted like you didn't notice the soft pink that dusted his cheeks from your nickname.

he wobbled slightly from the sheer amount of boxed he had managed to accumulate on his way to your office.

"oh please... are you okay? are your feet okay? do you need a masseuse?" you cooed, quickly taking the boxes and fanning them out on your desk, eyebrows pinched up in pity.

"no no l/n, it's fine! i'm fine, in fact, are you fine?"

"right.. that's why i needed you..." you tucked the loose strands of hair behind your ears. "come sit, my love." you said.

your hands were one of the most elegant parts of your body, nails always manicured and treated with the best acrylics, sultry diamond rings on your ring fingers, golden bracelets adorning your wrists— to put it easily, you were classy.

the cushioned office chair spun slightly as you sat on it, wheels squeaking as you pulled it closer to the desk. softly, you rested your chin on your palms and looked up at shoyo.

"i have another boy problem," you began.

"uh oh."

"indeed. so, my ex has come back for the third time this month. i've tried to shut him out but he's insisting its a wedding invite? this man left me because he 'couldn't commit' and now he's inviting me to his wedding?! who does he take me for?"

"yikes. but first, may i ask who?"

"some guy i met in college called wakatoshi, i dated him for a month in-between me and my ex breaking up and getting back together." you sighed dreamily, remembering your college days, before life smacked you in the face.

"wait. as in.. ushijima wakatoshi?" shoyo's eyes lit up as if he was just told he won the lottery. you gave a confused nod, watching as his eyes damn near popped out of his skull. "y/n. TAKE ME PLEASE I BEG."

"woah woah woah. first names!" you paused, "i'm kidding. but you can be my plus one.."

"do you know where it is?" the smile still remaining on his face.

"down in chugoku i'm pretty sure, we'll have to road trip." you grimaced at the thought of driving for 8+ hours.

"hell yeah! i'm down!" shoyo shouted— good thing you owned this damn company.

"it's next weekend, meet me here at 3am friday morning."