Part 4

Childe:

Childe was about to go back out when he had a knock on his door. He opened it and saw the one of the messengers of the fatui.

"Hi Boss.. there's someone we have for you to deal with, they owe the merchant that sells jade 10,000 mora."

Childe started laughing, he thought he might know who this was. He couldn't be sure though.

"Okay, please bring them to me. I think I know this person and im his... friend. I'll pay the mora back to the merchant. I'm not Please bring the person here."

Childe didn't know what he was getting into. He convinced himself it was so they could fight because Childe did want to fight a god of course.. but deep inside of Childe he knew that the real reason was because he missed Zhongli so much. If it wasn't him, which there was a chance, he would just be able to kill him anyway. It didn't really matter.

The person was brought to his apartment. The guards who led the person there had left and Childe decided it was time to see who it was.

Inside was a man with long brown hair and deep brown eyes that Childe could look into forever. The person had been Zhongli, Childe smirked at how he was right.

"Well hello there Zhongli! Fancy seeing you here."

Zhonglis eyes narrowed at the other man but then he smiled.

"Why am I even surprised."

"Oh! Do you prefer being called Rex Lapis?"

Zhongli laughed as he untied his bounds, Childe didn't stop him.

"You're still upset about that whole ordeal?"

Childe was the one to narrow his eyes to that.

"Unlike some people I don't like being lied too, so that's why I'd like for us to fight."

Zhongli got up but saw he was limping.

"Huh.. I'm not used to human pain..."

Childe sighed and made Zhongli sit down again.

"You probably have some broken bones, I'll help you heal so we can fight."

"I still haven't agreed to fight yet Childe."

Childe scoffed

"It's not really up to you is it?"

"True. Anyway so are you gonna keep me here?"

"Though you can probably leave on your own I would love if you could stay. Also if I leave you alone you might pass out again."

Zhongli tilted his head in confusion. He didn't under what Childe meant.

Childe walked over to Zhongli and examined his neck. Zhongli didn't understand what was going on but stood still.

"It seems to knock you out they poisoned you with a snake bite."

"Oh, I guess I do have to stay then."

Childe smirked

"I look forward to our fight Rex Lapis."