News

Chrissy:

Me and Eddie were told to stay in the boathouse because people were searching for Eddie.

The gang came and gave Eddie a box of cereal which he shorted into his mouth with hunger.

"So, we've got some good news, and some bad news." Dustin says.

"How do you prefer?" Robin asks.

"Bad news first, always." He says, swallowing the handful of cereal . I nod my head in agreement.

"Okay, bad news; I tapped into the Hawkins PD with my Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you. Also they're pretty convinced you killed Jessica." Dustin says.

Max adds on, "Like, a hundred percent convinced."

Eddie sighs, "And the good news?"

Robin speaks, "The others haven't found out about you yet. But if we did, it's only a matter of time before they do. And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you."

"Hunt-the-freak, right?" Eddie says.

I felt a small pain in my heart for him. He wasn't a freak to me.

"Exactly." Robin says.

"Oh, and Chrissy, your name is out publicly as 'missing', as of today, so they're gonna be looking for you, too." Dustin says.

He goes on, "So before that happens, we need to find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence."

Eddie looks at Dustin, "That's all, Dustin? That's all?"

Dustin obviously doesn't pick up on Eddie's sarcasm, "Yeah! No, no, that's pretty much it."

Eddie looks over at me with a look of 'what the hell' on his face. I just shrug.

Everyone turns to Robin as she speaks, "Listen, I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this kinda thing before. I mean they have," she gestures to Steve, Max, and Dustin, "a-a few times, and I have once. Mine was more human flesh based, and their was more smoke-based, but the thing is—collectively—I really think that we got this."

I was bewildered. They've been through this multiple times?

Steve sighs, "Yeah-yeah, I mean, we usually rely on this girl that has super powers, but those went bye-bye, so uhhh..." Robin continues for him, "So we're technically in more of the...of the..." and Max finishes, "the brainstorming phase."

"There's uh-there's nothing to worry about." Dustin says.

Steve laughs lightly and looks from Eddie to Dustin.

Eddie looks at Dustin with wide serious eyes. Then we hear police sirens.

"Ahhh," Robin points to me and Eddie, "tarp-tarp-tarp!!!"

We both cramp up next to each other in the boat and get under the tarp.

I hear clamoring as the group goes to the window to look out at the police cars driving by.

I feel Eddie's soft hair brush against my cheek, until Robin gives us the sign that it's safe to get out of the tarp.

We stay in the boathouse, talking and we smoked a little, too, while the group tried to figure out more about the murders and Vecna.

The day was extremely uneventful as we waited for news and wished we were helping look for it.

Until I heard the clock.