Chapter 1

(Ashton's POV)

I left the building where my summer job was after the last day of the summer. The kiddos were heading back to school, and it would be about another month until I moved into the dorms for the school year. I lifted my hat and wiped the sweat off my forehead when my phone started to ring. I checked the caller ID, and it was one of my former teachers that I had stayed in contact with. I opened my car door and pressed the answer button. 

"Hello?" I asked, setting my bag inside the car. 

"Hey Ashton, you gotta minute?" he asked. I got in the car and set the phone to its speaker. 

"Yeah, what's up?" I asked, starting the car.

"Um, it's your mom," he started, making me freeze before he told me what happened. "She was in a car crash on her way back to town and didn't survive. The hospital needs you to head over and take a blood test to confirm your her family," he said. 

My heart dropped to my stomach and I leaned back in my seat. Mom was gone? My mom and I had a rather strong relationship and to hear this physically broke my heart. I swallowed a lump in my throat and responded. 

"Okay. Um, let them know I'll be there," I said, a few tears rolling down my face. We hung up and I leaned forward and cried for a bit before finally putting the car into drive and made it to the hospital. 

They took my blood work and as I waited and said goodbye to my mom, already planning to get ready to move in with my literally crazy father. As I finished saying bye to mom, the doctor told me something I wasn't expecting. 

"Um, your father is actually Bruce Banner," she said. I gave her a questioning look before processing this. It would be why my dad divorced my mom and that I didn't really look like my dad. "We'll contact him and inform you what he says tomorrow," the doctor said. I went home, fed the cats, showered and just went to bed. 

(Bruce Banner's POV)

I was finishing up something in the lab when Tony came in. 

"What do you want Tony?" I asked, not ready for him to give me a new trauma dump. Tony sighed and handed me a file.

"Do you happen to recall a girl by the name Ashton?" he asked. I shook my head. 

"Nope. Never heard of her in my life," I said, turning off my computer. 

"Okay, well she's your daughter. Congradulations bud,"he said tossing the file on my desk. 

"Woah, wait. Hold on. That's a serious claim Tony," I said, making him stop, rolling his eyes in the process. 

"Okay then, does the name Leane Collins or Wigginton ring a bell?" he asked. I didn't recognize the first last name, but the second one I did. 

"Yeah?" I said.

"She died in a car crash in Arizona this week. Which is also where your daughter is," Tony said. I opened the file and saw the picture of Ashton and all of her information. She's nineteen and living in Arizona. She also goes to school at Northern Arizona University. I thought for a moment before pointing at Tony. "Any chance you can fly me up to Arizona?" I asked. Tony smirked sarcastically and chuckled. 

"Listen to who your talking to. I got you," he said, walking out as Natasha came in. 

"What's up with you?" she asked teasingly. I sighed and caught her up to speed on what I learned. When she gathered the news, she gave me a playful wink. "I'm coming with. Sounds like she might need a female source in her life," she said. I chuckled and followed her to pack and get ready to pick up my daughter.