Chapter 3

(Ashton's POV)

"Okay, this is a bit overkill," I said, looking at my room. It was pretty big. There was a living room, a kitchen, hell, I even had two rooms, one bathroom in my bedroom and another in the second room.

"Yeah, welcome to how Tony works," Happy said, who was opposite his name. I rolled my eyes before hearing a squeaky meow and saw Pumpkin trotting up to me.

"Hi, Fluffy butt," I said, picking him up to hug him. He didn't react too much, but he also didn't like to be held for too long. "Where's Batman?" I asked, to which he didn't respond.

"Look up," Happy said. I looked up in the kitchen, and there was my little dark prince looking cute on top of the fridge.

"Hi, little void," I said. He only responded with a small roll on the fridge.

"Maybe Mr. Stark will let you keep his name," Peter joked. I rolled my eyes a bit as I set Pumpkin down.

"No way, Spidey. Batman is gonna remain Batman until his dying day," I said. Peter only chuckled and looked around. 

"Do you need any help settling in?" he asked. I shook my head. 

"No. I'm just gonna go to sleep, and I'll get things situated tomorrow," I said. "But thanks."

"Alright, well, night," Happy said. Peter gave me a small smile before he followed Happy. I walked to one of the bedrooms and almost immediately fell asleep as my head hit the pillow, my cats starting to snuggle up next to me.

(The next morning)

I woke up to Pumpkin meowing in my face. I stretched a bit and looked at him. 

"All you care about is food and cuddles," I teased him as I sat up from where I was sleeping and got up, putting on my crocs. 

"Good morning Ms. Banner," a female voice said. I screamed in surprise and looked around frantically.

"AH! Who's there?!" I asked, my heart racing against my chest.

"My apologies Ms. Banner. I am FRIDAY, Mr. Stark's AI. I am in charge of making sure everyone in the compound is feeling good once they're awake. So, how are you feeling?" the voice said. 

"Oh, um. I'm doing great. Better than yesterday morning, if I'm being honest," I said, rubbing the back of my neck.

"That's good. Might I inform the team you'll be coming down for breakfast?" she asked. 

"No thanks, FRIDAY. I'm just gonna feed my kitties and make breakfast," I said.

"Very well. May I inform your father your up?" she asked.

"Sure," I said before walking over to the kitchen. I found the cat's food and fed my two boys, Batman looking up at me and meowing. "You've got a lot to say, huh?"I asked as he crouched down and ate with Pumpkin. I smiled softly at them before grabbing some frozen biscuits I ordered last night, which someone must've brought in, before putting them in the microwave and starting some coffee. I heard the elevator door and saw a young woman with dirty red hair walk in.

"Oh, um, hi," she said, having a thick Sokovian accent. 

"Hi," I said a little awkwardly.

"I'm Wanda. You must be Bruce's daughter, Ashton?" she asked. I nodded. "Nice to meet you," she said.

"You're the girl who fed my boys for me last night, weren't you?" I asked. She nodded.

"You hadn't come down for any breakfast, so I wanted to make sure you were okay," she said. I smiled a little sadly as I went to get my coffee creamer. 

"Yeah, it's just. It's been a hard few days. I mean, Friday, I was leaving my summer job, and now I'm moving into the Avengers Tower while preparing to head back to college," I said, choking up a bit. "Sorry. It's just. I miss my mom, you know?" Wanda looked at me sympathetically and stood next to me. 

"Yeah, I get it. I'd be completely lost if it weren't for the Avengers," she said softly before opening her arms. "I know we just met, but can I get you a hug?" she asked. I smiled and hugged Wanda. I felt calm and safe in her arms. As if she were the big sister I never had. "Tell ya what," she said once we pulled away. "If you let me see what your dream room, bedroom, and kitchen look like, I'll get them here immediately, and we can decorate tomorrow," she offered. 

"Sounds good. I'm gonna see if there is anyone other than Natasha and dad I wanna see after I eat breakfast," she said. Wanda nodded and quickly looked through my mind to see what my dream apartment, so to speak, would be, she left, and I quickly ate breakfast and got dressed. 

I just put on sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt. I walked to the elevator, and FRIDAY spoke. 

"Here are some people, based on your relations, I figured you'd like to see," she said. I looked past my dad, Natasha, and Wanda before seeing a name I recognized. 

"Megan Stark?" I muttered. I clicked her icon, and the elevator took me two stories up. The elevator opened, and I looked around the living area very quietly. In the living room, a red-haired girl and a man with a metal arm sat on the couch, eating and watching Halo. The red-haired girl turned to face me, and her eyes widened.

"Ashton?"

"Megan?" 

The girl laughed softly before standing up and running to give me a big hug. 

"Oh my God, Ashton! It's so good to see you again!" she said, practically crushing me. She then pulled away and held my hands. "God, what are you doing here? I thought you were still in Arizona."

"I found out my dad is here, so I'm staying until the end of the month," I explained, leaving out that my mom had passed very suddenly. Megan beamed before I tilted my head in confusion. "Wait, what about you?" I asked. Megan looked down a bit.

"My mom died, and I discovered who my dad was," she explained. I felt really bad, but before I could even ask what had happened, she spoke again. "Who is your father?" she asked. I giggled.

"Bruce," I said, remembering the jokes we shared before. "Who is yours?" I asked her, making her giggle.

"Tony," she said. "Who knew, am I right?" she asked. I nodded before the guy with her spoke up. 

"What's going on?" he asked. Megan smiled and faced the guy.

"We used to make the joke that if any of the Avengers were our father's, mine would be Tony, and her father would be Bruce," she said. "in fact, on my phone, she is labeled Banner's child." 

"Well, now I know," I said jokingly. The guy chuckled a bit and looked at me. 

"I'm Bucky Barnes. I heard Banner went to pick someone up yesterday," he said. I smiled and shook his hand.

"Ashton. A pleasure to meet you, Bucky," I said. Bucky nodded and looked at his watch. 

"I'll leave you girls to catch up. See you later, Megan," he said, smiling at her as Megan blushed. When Bucky left, I raised my brow, and she playfully glared at me. 

"Don't say anything," she said. I raised my hands in defense, and we started catching up, even getting Autumn, a close friend of ours, out here and having a girls' night with Nat and Wanda

Bruce Banner's DaughterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara