Does He Know What The F*ck He Just Said!?!

A/n: Heeeyyyyy... To my readers that were here when I first posted this book... Miss me?? It's been awhile hasn't it! Had important exams that I could not screw up so had to take a break to focus on that but now that it's over I can focus on finishing this book! Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Severus was currently sitting in the library just reading anything he could get his hands on and anything that caught his interest, really. Why? He was bored and he's the biggest bookworm in the world so what is a man like him to do in the face of boredom. Read, duh. What else is he supposed to do? Socialize? No, thanks. What is he insane? That maybe true but we're not about to go down that rabbit hole just yet.

"Hey Sev" Regulus spoke up after a few hours of silence.

Severus flinched slightly at the sudden voice speaking up after sitting in silence for a few hours, just being in his own world where nothing was out to get him like the certain SOMEBODY that decided that it would be a GREAT idea to shove him back when basically everything went downhill for his life and sanity and NO it is not related to the pimples growing on his face because Severus has a FLAWLESS face thank you very much.

Discussion or talk about whether that is true or not is not up for debate according to Severus. If that happens he will make sure you join his self-esteem and confidence that was buried six feet under after he understood what the word 'failure' and 'disappointment' meant which was approximately around the age of six because his father said it to him often enough until he finally caught on.

(Author: *sigh* Why can't you just follow the script for once in you're life?
Narrator: First of all rude! Second of all it is in the script! See! *shows script*
Author: *looks at it carefully* SEVERUS!!! REGULUS!!! I WILL BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF YOU!!!
Narrator: I'm safe for once🥹 )

Severus was quite embarrassed when he realised that he might have.... Sort of forgotten that Regulus was keeping him company.... Not that he asked that of this dumbarse anyway. He must've gotten bored just sitting in the library with him and watching him go through all these books which in hindsight was absolutely horrorfying because who on their right state of my mind reads 20 novels and textbooks in 4 hours because of boredom anyway but this is Severus that we're talking about here... There was already something wrong with him anyway but I digress. In the little defence that he has... Regulus was the one that insisted on keeping him company although he wasn't a huge fan of being in the library for more than a minute. Even that was already testing his patience to the max so he was kind of suprised he was still here; keeping him company just like he promised.

'Oh yeah... I forgot he was here... I'm suprised he's lasted this long' Severus thought to himself; slightly guilty for completely forgetting the younger man's existence because he was too engrossed with what he was doing.

"Yes?"

"Do you.... Maybe.... Wanna... You know...." Regulus drawled out which was, again, very uncharacteristic of him since he's always so confident just like his annoying scum of an older brother. Though if you were to say that to Regulus face you would've ended up with a bruise on your face or a stinging he for even entertaining something so atrocious like that.

"No I don't know actually. Just out with it already you twat. What your about to ask can't be so bad that it's making you hesitate so much. What is it?" Severus said in a slightly frustrated tone.

He was just about to get to the good part where the main character get absolutely demolished in a fight that he stupidly initiated himself like come on! Who in the world decides its a brilliant idea to pick a fight with a man double you're size and weight!?! Lucius or Lily maybe and maybe the dumb Potter prick because that's right up his alley but that's beside the point right now.

'Wait... Why am I subconsciously thinking about Potter?!? That's absolutely gross and defiling! Yuck! I need a long bubble bath after this'

Regulus looked him with a slightly distraught look on his face while he started to tap one of his foot lightly. That was something he did when he gets nervous about something. Severus put his book down because there was something strange going on with him and he was going to get the bottom of it just like he wa- *gets smacked* ahem.

Severus slightly shifted in his chair in concern and impatient with a worried look on written his face.

(Severus: I was not WORRIED about him... He was annoying me!
Narrator: Keep telling yourself that buddy.
Regulus: You were worried about me?? 🥺
Severus: I WAS NOT AND YOU KNOW IT!!!
Regulus:😢)

"Are you actually okay right now? Is there something bothering you? If there is I'm all ears" Severus reassures him with, what was hopefully, a smile on his face.

Hopefully as in he hopes he doesn't look revolting right now like a dying rat or Potter.

Regulus closed his eyes and took a deep shuddering breath in.

'Too cute' he thought before looking directly into Severus eyes which was harder that he thought because f*ck why was he still smiling at him! This is not good for his health dammit!

"Do you wanna go to hogsmeade with me?"

"..."

"..."

"Thats what you were worried ABOUT? We already go to hogsmeade together with Lucius and with Lily occasionally. Honestly, you had me all worked up for THAT!"

"Not like that! As in.... What I mean is... Just the two of us"

This made Severus stop in his tracks, completely.

'I hope it's not what I think it is because of it is what I think it is I will pull a Dumbledore after this'

"Why would you want it to be just the two of us? I'm not exactly the funnest person to be around nor am I the most talkative. Have you seen me talk to people in a civil manner? It's atrocious really!" Severus said with a 'are you f*king kidding me' look on his face.

"Oh come on! It's not that bad!"

"...🧐..."

"OK it is kinda horrendous. Only kinda! But your not hanging out with just anyone! It's me! What more can you ask for!"

"I would ask for Lily over you anytime and you know this"

"Ok, ok. But please!!! Just this once! Until I can convince you otherwise!"

Before Severus could ask what in  merlin's name that meant the chair beside him being pulled before someone plopped into it with an arm placed along Severus' shoulder. He tensed up a bit. Who in the f*ck is doing this so casually the audacity to even do something like that is real oh its just stuck up Potter...

POTTER!?!

Severus jumped back slightly when he realised who it was. The nerve of some people really baffles him. Before he could say anything the pompous git spoke up first, completely ignoring Regulus' existence.

"Hey... I was wondering if you wanna go to hogsmeade with me?" James said looking directly into Severus' eyes which sent shivers down his spine.

Wether that's from teenage horniness because of being looked at like you were a snack by your admittedly hot sworn enemy or the fact that even thinking about that just makes Severus want to throw up is your call to make.

"WHAT!?!?"

What in Merlin's name did he just say!?!