Coated Steels: Applications and Emerging Trends

New investments in metal and organic coated steels are mainly in Asia, followed by the United States. International Steel (ISL) announced the expansion of its production capacity in Pakistan, with 350,000 tons of hot-dip galvanized steel and 50,000 tons of color-coated steel, respectively.

Northeast Asia is the largest consumer of coated steel. Due to its high infrastructure and construction expenditures, as well as its huge automobile and manufacturing industries, it accounts for approximately 44% of global coated steel consumption.

Due to the limitation of the end-use, the development trend of organic coating or PPGI market is different from that of the metal coating. Due to strong demand in the construction sector, Europe has become the largest market for coated steel.

3.EMERGING TRENDS OF COATED STEELS

As the most important end-user of coated steel, steel for the construction sector is playing a vital role in boosting consumption due to the acceleration of urbanization and population growth.

According to statistics from the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs in 2018, about 55% of the world's population lives in urban areas. With this trend, the urban population is expected to reach 68% by 2050, with the largest growth in Asia and Africa.

 With this trend, the urban population is expected to reach 68% by 2050, with the largest growth in Asia and Africa