Chapter 24. "Rival."

I'm not jealous of course, but she'd still be better off without her hair.

By John Doe

On behalf of Stacy:

I was really mad at Mr. Wright, trying to get into my relationship with Ed... I couldn't find room for myself, but I knew Ed would never leave me... at least I hoped so, I couldn't imagine having a rival, the one who could take my lover away from me, the only thing I had to do was to find out who Oswald Wright was after all...

I really wanted to have a drink after work today and spend some time at home with a bottle of expensive wine and some cheesy snacks that Edmund wouldn't be able to spare, so I decided to call my new friend Joanna and tell her about what was bothering me.

- Hello," she said, "hi Stacy. - She added.

- Hi there, honey. How are you?

- I'm fine, thanks, I didn't have an accident, how are you?

- So-so, something's come up, I'd like to talk to you and pour my heart out, so to speak.

- Where are you?

- On my way home, maybe I'll pick you up on the way and we can spend the evening together?

- I think that's a good idea, I'll go pack then, I'll give you the address.

- Okay. - I dropped the call. 

I finally have someone good," I said in my mind.

On behalf of Oswald:

I finished work and drove out to Sandra's, I couldn't be without her for long, she was becoming more and more dear to me every time.

I bought a beautiful bouquet of scarlet roses, a delicious cake and some more sweets that Sandra loved and headed over to her place.

As I opened her door I walked in and heard the sound of cooking coming from the kitchen.

- Hi, honey," I came up behind her and hugged her, which made her flinch.

- Oswald," she turned and took my face in her hands and kissed me gently, "you scared me.

- I'm sorry," I began to deepen our kiss and pressed her against the tabletop, "I bought your favorite flowers.

- Thank you sweetie," she continued to kiss me, to which I couldn't stand it anymore and tore off her robe, "I missed you, my beautiful.

We began to make love right in the kitchen, Sandra was a great lover and I admired her. Afterwards we decided to go to the bathroom,

- You look sad, what's wrong? - She rubbed me with a washcloth.

- I'm fine, it's just, Stacy...

- Ed's secretary?

- Yeah, that's the one, she's got her claws in Edie and she won't leave him...

- What's it to you?

- Well, first of all, honey," I turned to her, "he's my son, my only son, second, Edie's almost thirty, and third, I found him a wife.

- What? You found him a wife? Who is she?

- It's not a hundred percent yet, but I'm sure it's a done deal. - I ran my thumb across her lips.

- I hope you're doing the right thing...

***

Joanna and Stacy went to spend the evening together, and Stacy bought her expensive and favorite wine, as well as many Italian appetizers.

- What happened? - Jo sat down on the rug.

- I feel like Ed is treating me very badly. - After drinking a glass of wine in a gulp, said Stacy.

- Why do you think so? - Jo asked.

- His father, he's interfering in our lives again. Every time he comes he starts brainwashing his son and making sure that Ed spends less time with me, you can't imagine how much fighting we had, when his father found out that Ed gave me this house he almost blew him away, there was even a moment that they didn't communicate for a couple of months, it was like a bad dream, it's hard for me to remember... After that, Ed's friend Sandra came along, she was always in his life, but as a friend and nothing more, but I soon realized that Ed was spending time with her too, our meetings dwindled and we saw each other less often, Ed was just using me, he came only when it suited him. I don't know if you heard anything that night, but Ed came and just started undressing me without talking, because of my love for him I can't refuse him, so every time I give in to this temptation and then start beating my head against the wall, but nothing helps...

- I'm sorry," Joanna pronounced, it was true, for the girl thought Edmund was a good man, but it turned out that her guesses were wrong. He was just a pretty picture, but there was an emptiness inside him...

- And I overheard them talking today when Ed came to the office and his dad said he wanted to marry him, can you imagine? - Stacy started sobbing.

- Married? - The brunette was surprised - he's kind of single, and after talking to Mr. Wright, I wouldn't say he's anything like my dad. He's more condescending or something... - Mr. Wright turned out to be a nice man from the outside. - Said Joanna, to which Stacy laughed.

- Yes, Joe is from the outside, but you don't know who he really is. Oswald is a terrible man and just because he smiles doesn't mean he's a good man. And lastly, when I went to give him the report, he whispered in my ear not to get in Ed's way again... or he might do something to me that I would really regret... - Stacey pronounced and drank her second glass of wine.

- Maybe you misunderstood him, Stacy. - She took her hand.

- No, Jo," Stacy began to cry, "he'll do anything to make Ed hate me... he wants us to disconnect. Oswald has always got what he wants, and this situation will be no exception...

- But isn't Edmund a grown man, he has the right to decide his own life and who he will marry, no?

- You are naive Joanna, unfortunately, when you are born into a well-to-do family you obey your parents because they are the credit for your well-being and wonderful life, if not for Edmund's father he would never have been like this, everything he has is thanks to his father, although he says that he was able to make his own business, that's not true, his father just gave him control of this office here in San Francisco, and he moved to New York and started building the business there, with most of Oswald's estate written in Edmund's name, and so Ed listens to his father like an obedient dog. It hurts me so much... Joanna, you have no idea... - ...she began to cry.

- Come to me," Jo hugged her, "everything will be all right...

From the Author:

Hello everyone, my lovelies. How was the chapter? What do you think of everything that's going on?

Write your opinion in the comments. ❤❤❤