Chapter 43. "The Past."

The past is the home of the human soul. Sometimes we are haunted by a longing for the feelings we have felt, even a longing for past sorrow.

Г. Heine.

On behalf of Edmund:

Today we are already returning to San Francisco, of course, we would like to stay in Naples for a couple more days, but with the recent events, we do not want to stay here at all...

- Are you all packed, little birdie? - I asked Joanna, who was pacing back and forth.

- I think...

- Then I will not disturb you," I laughed, and a pillow flew at me.

- Don't laugh, I'm trying to remember what I've forgotten and what I haven't.

- Come on quickly, the yacht is waiting for us, even if you forget something is not a big deal, I'll buy you a new one. - I winked and pulled the girl to me and kissed her gently.

Our relationship with her has improved quite a bit, I do not know what contributed to this, but I hope on arrival in America our relationship will only get better, at any rate I promised my wife that we still have time for a honeymoon...

After taking the last suitcase we got into the car and went in the direction of the port, where Luca was waiting for us.

- Good morning, Mr. Wright. - He shook my hand.

- "Good morning," I said, and went aboard.

- Good morning, Miss Wright. How do you feel? - As I held out my hand to Joanna, Luca asked her.

- I am offended at you, Luca... - Said she, to which the boy laughed.

- To me Mr. Wright's orders are the law, I couldn't do otherwise. - He winked, to which she smiled.

- I'm going to get some sleep," she said tiredly, and went off to her bedroom.

- Have you two made up? - The guy asked me.

- I think more yes than no. - I answered. Although there were strange thoughts in my head, I could not understand my feelings for Joanna... but I knew for sure there was something between us...

On behalf of Stacy:

I woke up before Tony, another hot night behind me... I went to the bathroom and turned on the cold shower, my mind was a thousand thoughts and each one was about Edmund, from the outside it seems that I forgot him, I found a replacement in the form of his brother, but that's not true at all, it's impossible at the snap of a finger to forget someone, anyone, even someone who is only in your life for a couple of weeks... and then what about Edmund and me?

We've been through so much together and there's a scandal, he leaves me and marries who knows who, unfortunately Tony never told me who Edie's wife is, but I'll find out anyway and I'll wipe her to pieces, the one who took away my dearest possessions...

After finishing my water treatments I went back to the bedroom, Tony continued to sleep, I changed, put on my tracksuit, took my headphones and phone and ran around the neighborhood. There's nothing better than a morning jog and it was about time I got back to my proper and athletic lifestyle.

But even my morning run didn't go well because a cyclist bumped me, or rather hit me and I almost fell on the lawn.

- Watch where you're going! - I took my headphones off and yelled at the guy I didn't know.

- I was signaling you, but you decided to put on headphones and turn the music up to full volume! - He replied rudely.

- You could have just apologized, you jerk. - I grabbed my elbow, which got bumped.