Chapter 4

~Asahi's POV~

It was getting late and I was starting to get real bored. Well, I had been bored all night, but this was a new level. Just as I was about to lose all sense of fun, the door opened and I immediately perked up.

"Arisu!" I said. "You're finally home!"

"I was only gone for an hour and a half." She said.

"I know but I was starting to get bored without you." I pouted.

She snickered and made her way to the kitchen where she placed her stuff on the counter. I got up from the couch and joined her.

"How was fashion club?" I asked, trying to be a supportive boyfriend.

"It was really fun." Her face literally glowed. Although I missed her, it made me happy to see her happy.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it." I smiled.

"I really did." She said. "I met great people and I was even invited to a party this Friday!"

My smile faded. "A party?"

"Yeah!" She exclaimed. "My first college party! I'm so excited!"

"So you're going?" I raised a brow.

"Of course." She said. "Parties are supposed to be the highlight of college. I would regret not going to one. You should come too."

"Me? At a party?" I gulped. "I'm not so sure, Arisu."

"Come on~" She walked around the counter and wrapped her arms around me. "At least think about it?"

I just looked at her and nodded. "I'll think about it."

"Yay!" She exclaimed. "I'm going to go shower and then we can watch a movie or something, deal?"

I smiled at the thought of finally getting to spend time with her. "Deal!"

She giggled and made her way to the bathroom. I sat there for a little in my thoughts. Parties weren't really my thing so I didn't really want to go but Arisu seemed like she really wanted me to go. I didn't know what to do.

---

It was the next morning, I arrived at soccer practice to find Yoshi already stretching. I joined him on the field and started stretching beside him.

"There you are!" He exclaimed. "How was your night last night without Arisu?"

"Boring as hell." I rolled my eyes.

Yoshi scoffed and shook his head. "Can't you do things without her?"

"Never." I shook my head.

"What if she ends up wanting to do something you refuse to do?" Yoshi asked. "Will you do it for her?"

That's when last night's conversation crossed my mind.

"Like a college party?" I asked.

"Yeah!" He exclaimed. "That's a good example! How did you come up with that?"

"She was invited to one." I replied.

"Oh, damn." Yoshi muttered. "When is it?"

"Tomorrow."

"What are you going to do? Are you going to go?"

I just looked at the grass as I stretched my legs. "I haven't decided yet."

"Well, I think you should go." Yoshi said, causing me to look at him.

"I thought you were my friend, you're supposed to support me in what I want to do." I muttered.

"No, as your friend, I'm supposed to encourage you to do things that are good for you." Yoshi replied. "And stepping out of your comfort zone is good for you."

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes.

"Plus, you should just go for Arisu." Yoshi said. "She did invite you, right?"

"Of course!" I exclaimed. "She practically begged me to go."

"Well that's a relief."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means she hasn't forgotten about you yet."

That's when I kicked him with my soccer cleat.

"Ow!" He shouted.

"Don't talk like that then." I replied.

"Sorry, sorry." He repeated. "I'm just saying, though, you should go as Arisu's boyfriend. Those parties can really get out of hand."

My eyes widened and I looked at him. "What do you mean?"

"Well, people will drink and the place will be packed and the music will be so overwhelming and well, ya know..." Yoshi implied something.

"No, she would never do that." I disagreed with him.

"I know she wouldn't." Yoshi said. "But some other guy might."

My eyes widened and I just stared at the grass again. Could that really happen if I'm not there?

"Yoshi, Asahi, let's get to practice!" Our coach suddenly called for us.

We joined our team and started practice, but it was hard for me to focus. I couldn't get Arisu off my mind.

Maybe I should go to the party...

~Author's Note~

Hey guys! Sorry for such a short chapter but I already planned all the chapters out and I didn't realize this would be this short. Please forgive me TT Also I apologize for not updating in a while, I've been focused on school and work and other stories with the little time I have. I'm hoping to get back into this though. For now, this is for my best friend, you know who you are ;) Nonetheless, I hope all you guys enjoyed and I will see you soon. Biez!