001

  Maisie, Maisie, Maisie

  Maisie, Maisie, Maisie. Always the bridesmaid, never a bride.

Just kidding. She's only sixteen, she doesn't need to worry about that. In her head though, she does. Maisie had many boyfriends and girlfriends in her time. They weren't exactly the best, but they were something. She loved the thought of having that something, even if it meant the relationship wasn't enjoyable at times.

Unfortunately, every single one she was in, had ended because they either found her annoying, or cheated. People claimed pogues were the innocent ones, but Maisie had many reasons as to why they weren't. Even if she was one herself.

However, there were five pogues who treated her right. They'd do anything to protect her, as much as she would them. To John B, she was like his little sister. They had been close ever since they met in third grade when Maisie moved schools. Although they'd sometimes find each other really annoying, they still loved each other—platonically.

Then there's Julie, Juliette, whatever's best for you. She and Maisie had been friends the longest, they met in second grade. How? Their parents knew each other. They were very close, hanging out most nights whilst their daughters played games with each other. But unfortunately, Julie's parents began to get fed up with Anthony, Maisie's dad, and his drunk behaviour. They really tried with him, but his stubborn self wouldn't let that happen. Then it was up to Maisie to help him. And she genuinely did. It worked—or so she thought.