Chapter 3 - Epilogue

--Main Plaza, 5:00 PM, Day 11--

The remaining survivors once again walked out of the trial grounds in complete silence. Samus and Godot held Chara's arms.

Byakuya: "Give me your key."

Chara: "My key?"

Byakuya: "Your room key. That's where we're going to keep you."

Chara: "Alright, alright. It's in my right pocket."

Samus reached in and grabbed the key, handing it to Byakuya.

Byakuya: "Hop, go get some rope. There should be some in the art room. Frisk, go get a chair."

Hop: "On it!"

Frisk: "I'll be back soon!"

He ran off. Chara glanced towards Kyoko, who was still struggling to keep in her emotions.

Chara: "Hey, Kyoko, what's wrooooong?"

Kyoko: "..."

Chara: "I dunno why you got so attached to her, she was SO annoying!"

Kyoko gritted her teeth.

Chara: "That bag looks ugly as hell on you, by the way."

Kyoko darted at Chara and punched her as hard as she could in the face. Chara flew out of Godot and Samus's grasp and landed on the brick floor. She stood back up slowly, bleeding from her mouth.

Chara: "Okay, you're WAY stronger than you look."

Kyoko lunged at her again, but this time was grabbed by Godot. Samus quickly grabbed Chara as well.

Godot: "Get a hold of yourself!"

Kyoko's anger dissipated, and tears started to roll down her face. Every death she had witnessed, in her career, at Hope's Peak, and now here hit her all at once.

Byakuya: "You're... crying?"

Kyoko quickly wiped away the tears and ran off towards the dorms. Then Hop and Frisk returned, with a rope and chair respectively.

Byakuya: "Follow me to Chara's room."

Everyone left, and the plaza was empty.

--Kyoko's Room, 5:10 PM, Day 11--

After calming down, Kyoko grabbed Gloria's bag. She positioned herself so that the contents of the bag wouldn't be seen by the camera in her room. She shuffled through everything, and froze for a few seconds when she reached the gloves and missing striker. Then she finally found what she was looking for. In the very back of the bag was a black and white tablet. Kyoko carefully slid it closer to her, making sure her movements weren't suspicious. She turned it on, and...

<Welcome!>

Suddenly the screen filled with green text and a complex UI. She tapped the screen, and a small keyboard appeared. Apparently she could edit the text. After reading some, she realized she was looking at some sort of code. She had analyzed code in the past, but this wasn't any programming language she recognized. Was it custom made? She couldn't make out much of what it said, but what she could deduce was very... interesting. There were files for each location in the killing game. There were lines of code linked to the cameras, which were also linked directly to Monokuma. This was nothing like what she saw in Junko's game. There was a lot of code to go through, and she didn't want to look suspicious, so she turned it off and retired it to the back of the bag. She would have to go through it in short bursts.

--End of Chapter 3--

Survivors: 8/15

Kyoko

Byakuya

X-X Charlie

Dave

X-X Maya

Godot

X-X Gloria

Hop

X-X Link

X-X Zelda

Frisk

Chara

X-X Byleth

X-X Edelgard

Samus

To be continued...